Violet and Mike

(Sam's outfit)

I was having a sleepover at Charlie's house tonight(I had told my dad it was one of the girls from school) we had been playing out side all day together but Charlie's mother had told us to come inside before we got a cold.

We were both sat in the middle of Charlie's Grandparents bed watching the small TV, another person had found a golden ticket and yet again it was another horrid child. Her name was Violet and she was chewing a pice of gum for the entire interview. It was disgusting.
************
"These are just some of the two hundred and sixty three trophies and medals that my violet has won"

"I'm a gum chewer, mostly but when I heard about these ticket things I layed off the gum, switched to candy bars"

"She's just a driven hound woman, I don't know where she gets it"

"I'm the junior world champion gum chewer, this price if gum I'm chewing right at this moment I've been working on for three months solid. That's a record"

"Of course I did have my share of trophies, mostly baton"

"So it says that this one kid is going to win this special prize better than all the rest, I don't care who those other kids are, that kid it's gonna be me"

"Tell them why violet"

"Because I'm a winner"
**********
"Gosh, she is very annoying I hope she doesn't win the special prize"

"Do you know what it is?" Charlie asked Sam.

"Yeah, but I promised my dad that I wouldn't tell anyone, maybe if you all promise to keep it a secret I'll tell you"

"We will" Charlie said and all the adults leaned forward to listen in.

"Well, the prize is that the child who wins gets to help run the factory with me and my dad"

Everyone was shocked.

"They would get to live in the factory with you two?" Grandpa Joe asked excitedly.

"Yes I believe so but from what I've seen so far I hope none of these kids win"

They all nodded, agreeing.
********
"Wait this just in the fourth golden ticket has been found by a boy called Mike Teavee"
********
Charlie turned to look at Sam and she took his hand in hers giving it a comforting squeeze and a smile.

They turned back to the TV to see two people stood next to a boy who was sat on the floor playing a video game. You could hear loud bangs echoing through the room.
*********
"All you had to do was track to manufacturing dates, offset by weather and the derivative of the Nikkei Index. A retard could figure it out"

"Most of the time I don't know what he's talking about, you know kids these days with all the technology....."

"Die! Die! Die!"

".....doesn't seem like they stay kids very long"

"In the end I only had to buy one candy bar"

"And how did it taste?"

"I don't know, I hate chocolate"
*********
"Well it's a good thing your going to a chocolate factory you ungreatful little bas -"

Charlie's dad jumped forward and covered his ears while his mom jumped forward and covers Sam's ears. The children turned to eachother and silently giggled.

When he finished ranting the adults removed their hands from the children's ears and they turned back to the TV.
**********
"The question is who will be the winner of the last gol-"
**********
Charlie switched off the television and Sam layed her head on his shoulder feeling sorry for her best friend. Charlie layed his head on top of hers.

"Dad?"

"Yes Charlie?"

"Why aren't you at work?"

Mr and Mrs Bucket looked at eachother with worried looks but neither of the children noticed.

"Well, the toothpaste factory thought they would give me a little but of time off"

"Like a summer vacation?" Sam asked.

"Sure......something like that" he smiled at them.