blueberry girl

"What's happening?!" Mrs Beauregard shouted at Will as more of her daughter's slowly started to turn blue.

"Well I told you I hadn't got it quite right yet, it goes a little funny when it gets to the dessert. I'm terribly sorry" He quickly hid behind the machine pulling his daughter with him. He turned to face and hugged her before grabbing her face and tilting it upwards.

"oh darling, she really hit you, didn't she" He said with a small pout. Mrs Beauregard's  smack had left a dark red mark around the right half of her mouth.

"I'm fine dad, no need to worry" She responded while pulling out of his hold, Will tried to grab her arm she was too quick and she got up and walked over to the group who had all backed away from Violet, even her own mother. She had now turned completely blue and was rapidly swelling up like blueberry. Wil had crawled out from behind the machine and sneaked up behind the blonde mother.

"I've tried it on like twenty oompa Loompas and each one ended up as blueberry, it's just weird"

"But I can't have a blueberry as a daughter. How is she supposed to compete?"

Sam looked up at the women with a sly little smirk on her face "you could put her in a county fair" she said.

"Sammy!" Will exclaimed even though he was trying to supress laughter at his daughters comment. This wasn't like her, she was usually very quiet and shy so he was a little shocked that his daughter was acting like this. Then a bunch of oompa Loompas came into the room and began to sing a song about Violet. Will reached out and grabbed his daughters hand pulled her towards him.

"Are you alight my little star shine?" He asked.

"I'm perfect, dance with me?"

she took both of hands in hers and danced with trying to take his mind of her and make him stop worrying about her. 

Soon the song had ended and all of the oompa Loompas had left the room. Sam and Will were still dancing but stopped upon Mrs Beauregard's evil glare. One of the workers who had been in the room before hand made their way over to the two Wonka's and stopped right of in front of them.

"I want you to roll Mrs Beauregard to the juicing room at once, kay?"

"The juicing room?" The blonde woman asked in a frenzy "What are they going to do to her there?"

"they're going squeeze her, like a little pimple. We got to get all that juice out of her immediately" Mr Wonka explained to her and she looked absolutely terrified, she speed of to catch up with the oompa Loompas who were rolling her daughter to a conveniently sized tube.

Once they had left, Will turned to the rest of the group with a smile.

"Come on. let's boogie"

He led the group over to exit and into another hallway, this one was quite simple and had a red carpet running down it. Sam and Veruca had once again linked arms and were quietly chatting together, the latter's father seemed shocked but happy with how his daughters attitude was and that she was making friends.

"Without the boat, we'll have to move twice as fast, there's far too much to see"

"Mr Wonka?" Charlie asked.

"yeah?"

"why did you decide to let people in?" He asked and Sam agreed by saying.

"Yeah,  dad, you never told me why we ere doing all of this?"

"Er, so that they could see the factory of course!"

"But why now?"

"And why now only five?" Charlie and Sam asked and Will was going to ask but was rudely interrupted by Mike making Sam glare at him, the further they went with this tour the less she was liking him but then he would do something like he did in the inventing room.

"What's the special prize and who gets it?"

"The best kind of prize is a sur prize, ha!" Will replied, he was then asked another question by Veruca.

"Will Violet always be a blueberry?"

"No, maybe, I don't know but let this be a lesson children, this why you don't chew gum all day long"

"Can you remember the first candy you ever ate?" Will was going to move towards a room but was held in place by Charlie's question.

"No" he replied but it was obvious that he was lying by the tone of his voice. His smiled dropped and his whole just went blank and he stared off into the distance like he done many times that day.

Sam spared a glance at Charlie who looked really guilty and upset so she reached forward with her free hand and held his. He turned to look at her and she gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's okay Charlie it's not your fault and anyway I've  done it by asking him questions loads of times, he will come back anytime now"

"Thanks Sam" He said while squeezing her hand then they both let go and turned back as Will as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, I was having aa flashback"

"I see, do these flashbacks happen often?" Mr Salt asked while placing a hand on both Veruca's and Sam's shoulders and pulling them away from the chocolatier. 

"Increasingly. Today" He spoke through gritted teeth, Will grabbed his daughters hand and pulled her away the Salt's "And please do not touch my daughter"

He carried on walking and lead them over to a room that was labelled the nut sorting room.  A proud smile graced Mr Salts features and he turned to Will.

"Ah this is a room that I will know all about, in the nut sorting business myself actually" He handed a white business card to Mr Wonka who immediately threw it over his shoulder causing Sam to giggle, the father looked down at his daughter and sent her a wink. "Do you use the Hammermax 6000 for your sorting as well?"

"No" Will replied while giggling "you're really weird" He opened the door and the children raced over to the blue gate to get a good look at what was in the room, Sam had let go of her dad's hand and made her way back to Veruca. The floor was a blue and white swirl pattern with a large hole in the middle, around the sides sat in little seats were....

"Squirrels!" Veruca said with delight.

"Yeah Squirrels. These squirrels are specially trained to get the nuts out of the shells" Will explained

"Why use squirrels" Mr Salt asked "Why not use oompa Loompas?"

"Because only squirrels can get the whole out almost every single time, you see how tap each each one and listen, to make sure it's not bad. Oh look look!" Everyone turned to where he was pointing "I think that one's got a bad nut"

The squirrel tapped the nut and waited for a moment before throwing it over his shoulder and into the large hole in the floor.

"Daddy I want a squirrel"