Chapter 21 Eve and the Not Date

Akari, her Pokemon, and Team Natsu plus Wendy and Carla made their way to the Fairy Tail guild hall. Wendy and Carla were greeted warmly and with much excitement. Now everyone was in the guild hanging out two days later.

"Oh Akari? Is it true Eve Tearm asked you out?" Mira asked.

"Oh we're just going on a job together."

"Oh a job...," Mira said suspiciously.

"Yep! Eve told me yesterday Master Bob found us a job fighting Vulcans in the forest nearby. I wonder why none of our members had grabbed it yet? Macau could do it and be back by dinner time."

"I wonder," Mira said with a smile.

***
In a back corner of the guild, Gray was having a meeting with Natsu and Gajeel.

"That Blue Pegasus playboy is taking Akari out alone on a job, so we need to follow them and make sure he doesn't try anything," Gray said.

"What would he try?" Natsu asked cluelessly.

Gajeel leaned over and whispered into Natsu's ear. The room suddenly felt a spike in heat.

"Calm down Flame Brain! We don't need to burn the guild down," Gray said.

"But! But!" Natsu sputtered.

"He ain't done nothing yet. That's what we're here for," Gajeel said.

"Right... but if he tries anything, I'll roast him to ashes!" Natsu said.

"And for once I won't hold you back, except to get the first hit," Gray said.

Gray was glad that Juvia had volunteered to babysit Oshawott today. He wanted his full attention on keeping an eye on Akari.

***
Juvia was in her room at Fairy Hills, and she was super happy her Gray darling had allowed her to watch his darling pet.

She looked over to see Oshawott in the middle of Gray plush dolls. He seemed quite happy to be playing with them.

"Oh Darling, Juvia made cookies for you!" Juvia said as she carried Gray shaped cookies to Oshawott.

"Osha!" Oshawott said excitedly as he took some cookies to eat. He liked staying with the Sea Goddess. He got delicious cookies.

Juvia watched as he settled down on a Gray pillow to take a nap. If only Gray could see her now, he'd be so happy to start a family with her right then and there. She smiled at that thought before going back to her sewing. She was making an Oshawott plush now.

***
Back at the guild, Mira continued her talk with Akari.

"So when is he coming?" Mira asked.

"Sometime around eleven, but it's only ten thirty now," Akari said.

"So it's getting closer to time," Mira said and smiled when she saw a blush appear on Akari's cheeks

"Yeah... but have you seen Gajeel? I was wondering if he would watch Iron Baby for me today. I haven't had him out much since I had to take the Oración Seis job, and I don't want him to feel neglected," Akari said.

"No I haven't," Mira said although she knew that Gajeel was in the back of the guild along with Gray and Natsu planning a meeting to stop Akari's date. She wanted to see how this love triangle or pentagon played out.

"Oh well Iron Baby will be fine in his ball for a few hours. He ate three spoons of mine last night, and then he popped a light socket looking for more metal. I've never had such a troublesome Pokemon before," Akari said with a giggle, "And people think Banette's bad."