Denial

Simon

I feel a weight on me as I wake up. I smile as I feel him softly rising up and down as he breathes. I look at the clock to see what time it is. 7:38...
"Baz! Baz! Wake up! It's 7:38!" I jostle Baz.
"Mmh? 7:38?" Baz groggily says as he lifts himself up so he's looking down at me. "Oh, hey Simon."
"Baz!" I exclaim.
"Oh, right!" Baz quickly gets off of me and stands up.
We both quickly take showers and get dressed before heading down to the Dining Hall.

"They're going to be very confused that we're both late and going to the dining hall together," Baz says, adjusting his shirt into his pants as we walk.
"Well we have only been... getting along... for like two, three days," I say.
"Yes, getting along, that's what we're doing Snow," Baz laughs.
"Oh? What are we doing, Basilton?" I ask.
"Crowley, no, don't call me that Simon," Baz says.

I turn to look at Baz as we walk towards the Dining Hall. He's still fiddling with his shirt as we walk, trying to make it look completely proper. He should be trying to fix his tie, it's crooked. I go to fix his tie, walking backwards as I do so, and I realize we're almost at the door to the Dining Hall.

"Simon, what-" Baz starts.
"Your tie is crooked," I say, as I back into the door into the Dining Hall.
"Simon, you can't even bother to put on a tie, what makes you think you can fix a crooked one?" Baz asks, oblivious to us entering the Dining Hall.
"I'm not putting on a tie, just fixing one that's already on. It can't be that difficult," I say, tightening the tie.
"Yes, alright that's enough now," Baz says, his own hands going to his tie. "You should probably go to your table now."
"Yeah, yeah, okay," I say.

Looking around the Dining Hall, many people are staring, and they look away when I look at them. It's kind of funny. I guess if I saw two people who were supposedly each other's nemesis, and are known to fight, suddenly being all friendly I'd look too. Heading towards my table, Penny is sitting and looking at me. There's a plate with a few scones on it that doesn't seem to be for her. I sit down and take the plate.

"Hi, Penny," I say, picking up a scone.
"Hi, Penny?" Penny raises an eyebrow.
"Hi, Simon!" I say back, laughing, beginning to eat a scone.
"Morgana, how did I not see that coming." Penny shakes her head. "So, you and Baz seem... friendly."
"Oh? How so?" I smile at Penny, eating my scone.
"'How so' he says. Come on, Simon. You were adjusting his tie. Baz would never allow that," Penny says.
"Oh, that? He was adjusting his shirt into his pants, I was only helping," I say.
"Right, right. You just so happened to walk into the Dining Hall while doing that? Simon, if there's one thing I know about you, it's you never miss something when it comes to Baz. You would've immediately known his tie was crooked from the moment he put it on," Penny says.
"That's not true," I say. Yes, it is.
"Simon," Penny says.
"... Okay, maybe, I waited on purpose," I say.

Penny looks behind me for a moment. I turn to look and find Agatha nearly at the table.

"Simon, I, uh... wanted to talk with you," Agatha says.
"In private?" I ask.
"No, no, it's fine. I just... I'm sorry. We clearly both weren't working together, we both knew it I guess. I... I honestly don't think I can feel that way about somebody. I shouldn't have tried, and I shouldn't have kept on forcing you into a relationship neither of us really wanted. So... I'm sorry," Agatha says.
"We... both... didn't know how we felt. I'm still trying to figure it all out myself. I'm sorry too. You know for a supposed golden couple we sure were a terrible couple, huh?" I say.
Agatha chuckles. "Yeah, I guess we were." Agatha smiles at me. "I hope you can be happy with..." Agatha's eyes drift over to Baz's table.
"I hope so too." I smile.

Baz

Of course I know we're entering the Dining Hall, but I don't have it in me to stop him right now. This is what I've wanted for so long, and I want it to last as long as it can. If that means showing everyone in the Dining Hall that Simon Snow and Baz Pitch are suddenly on friendly terms with each other so be it. I finally bring my own hands to my tie and go to my table. This is going to be fun.