17. Fine line

***play song***
Anna's pov:

Everything went silent.

I didn't feel the rain anymore. The sound of the water hitting the ground became faint. My eyes got blurry while more salty tears filled them to the brim. I didn't even realize I dropped my phone.

The sound of the windshield wipers on Margots car faded out. No one said a thing. My gaze fell to the ground and the wave of emotions hits me like a truck.

Why?

Why.

I looked up and my eyes met Ag's.

"Why?" I said
"Why does Margot have your shirt? Why is Margot here? Why were you with her?" i said frantically

"After everything I told you?" My voice gave out from crying. My breathing hitched as i tried to catch my breath.

Ag stood there- speechless. The anger and sadness over took my mind. Mia came up to me and tried to bring me inside. I walked inside and walked up stairs into the already open door of my bathroom and closed it.

Ag's pov:

I snapped my head around and walked towards Margot

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell would you ever even consider doing something like this? You've put her through hell before and now you wanna do it again? what kind of sick person does that?" i say as i walk closer to her.

"What is your problem? You hurt her- she didn't hurt you" I clenched my fist that hung by my side. I looked away too keep myself calm.

"You're gonna believe what she-"

"Shut the fuck up. Just shut up. Why would I believe anything that you say? You showed up here, in my shirt that you took knowing it would hurt Anna. How did you even know it was- did you go through my fucking phone? What the fuck is wrong with you? Who in their right mind does that? Get a fucking life instead of trying to ruin other people's. Stop bringing irrelevant shit up. Are you that bored that you need to make something that happened years ago relevant again? You're 17 and still act as if you're in middle school. Grow the fuck up and start acting like the adult you're about to be. People like you are toxic. Leave us out of it."
My voice became raspy after yelling.

I started to walk up to the front door

"Keep the shirt. That shits tainted now, I don't want it" I said as I threw up the middle finger.

"oh yeah one last thing"
I walked up to her with my fist clenched. I swung my arm around hitting her straight in the mouth.

"Fuck you. Stop running your mouth about shit that isn't true. It's not cute"

My mind instantly went to Anna. I needed to talk to Anna.

I sprinted inside, running upstairs. I pounded on the bathroom door.

Anna open the door. Just talk to me. Please.

"Anna- please. just. just hear me out please. Just let me in"

"Why? So you can tell me you guys hooked up but it meant nothing? I really don't wanna hear it"

"Anna. That's not what happened. Just listen to me- please. Just lis-"

"I don't wanna hear it Ag. Just go. Please. Just go."

"I don't wanna leave you- Anna stop" I said as my voice became more and more shaky.

"I- I love yo-" i tried to say

"Don't say that- dont"

I slid down the door, my head collapsing into my hands. What have I done. What has happened. How do i fix this? Can this be fixed? If she won't talk to me how do i fix it. Fix it Ag. Just Fix It. Fix. It.

I can hear her quiet sobs through the door. My heart felt empty and my head hurt.

This was supposed to be our day.

This was supposed to be special.

I'm sorry. I hope you know that.

Mia's pov:

I took Ag's hand and brought her to Anna's room. We sat down and we had a long talk. She told me everything that happened. I believe her. I've never seen Ag punch someone on purpose that hard. I've never seen her that angry. This was a serious situation and i don't know if any of us know how to solve it yet. It's been about an hour and a half and Ag passed out on the floor cuddling jerry. Quiet footsteps approach the door and Anna slowly opens the door. Her gaze instantly goes to Ag and her face drops.

"She's asleep" i respond

Tears form in her eyes again. She was hurting. I followed her to her living room and we talked. She let it all out, finally. She told me that she knows exactly what she wants. That she knows that they would be perfect together but now her trust has disappeared.

I needed to get them to talk to each other. They needed to figure this out together and communicate how they feel. I can't be their middle man but I have an idea on what to do.

We're not leaving until this gets figured out. I'm not letting my best friends lose each other over a misunderstanding.