Chapter 5

Above Maynard in water

Maynard P. O. V :

Dillon went on toward his home. I really feel..... Lonely, like something is missing from me. I have never felt like this, then why now? He can't be with me forever. He have his own home where he must want to live his life even though he have been through so much.

I hope his new mate keep him safely and love him...... But why I feel angry....... Jealousy? Dillon.

He is a pretty and cute guy with his blue and green eyes. He needs love. I want to care for him and spoil him to extent. I don't think of him as sexually but something in me says to keep him safe, safe from his darkness. I can see the darkness within him, I don't want him to get deep in that dark anymore.

That time when I tackled the alpha or.......... That Jay guy, I wanted to kill him but he is Dillon's mate.

Hope so that Dillon call me.

I got in home, just in time so that Xavier came in with a bag and a wide grin on his face. We hugged like it has been forever that we met. We exchanged a quick greeting.

Xavier drew a brow up and asked "Wait...... Why do you smell like.... Werewolf? "

Me : " Oh. Ummm, the guy I told you about, who was staying with me is a werewolf. "

Xavier came near me and started scanning me " Don't tell me they did something to you. "

I shook my head and said with a sigh, I don't know if it's relief or frustrating one "Don't worry he was nice to me. And he is now gone to his family. "

I can feel his eyes on me though. I went on to cook something for him that is pack in the fridge, since he is half-blood vampire so he can eat too. I made lunch and we ate in perfect silence. I can't cook, I don't know how to but I know how to heat the food or how to cook just bacon and toast bread.

For the next week everyday I have waited for a call from Dillon but it never came. Often Xavier would snap me saying "Buddy you are zooning out again "

It was nice, I enjoyed rest of my vacation with him. We played many things and then we went to opposite of the woods which was again woods but Dillon said that this house and this opposite side woods are not under their territory.

Xavier seems to be less lively than usual, I know it's because of me. He has been my best friend for three years and he says that he have never been someone friend that long. And that make my question out... But I will ask later I guess.

We played video games which he brought, we swam in river which is a bit too far, we even camped on the tree branch.

Ha! What a moment it was, I was laughing my ass off when Xavier slipped off the branch because he stepped on a bettel and screamed like a girl.

We did have barbeque. He never asked about Dillon... Which I was thankful for.

Xavier P. O. V:

After my visit from my Master, I went to the address given by my best friend Maynard. We all call him player because he never gets on a long term relationship with anyone and change girls like shirt. And I am sure he have never loved anyone.

I have never been friend with someone for half a century, after I died when I was 16. He is my first best friend and I can do anything for him. It was not that I wanted him to remember me as a vampire but I can't help, I tried to erase my memories from him of that night but I can't. My power doesn't work on him.

When I came here, Maynard came from back door looking sad. He smelt like werewolf and those are dangerous being. My Master's brother who is a werewolf, he and his wife are nice and their pack too but not every pack are nice.