Chapter 3

Nicole forced Daryl to go back to school shopping with her. 'Why do I have to go?" Daryl complained.

"Oh you big baby. For one I know nobody here and two you have to tell me if the outfits I pick out look good or not."

"Fine." Daryl gave in.

"Yay!" Nicole hugged her brother almost knocking him over. Daryl laughed, "Okay let's go." Daryl and Nicole got in the car and drove to the mall. "Where do I start?" Nicole wondered. Nicole's phone dinged.

Carl: School is starting back up next week are you ready?

Nicole: Hell no I'm so nervous.

Carl: Me too but we'll be fine.

Nicole: Hey are you busy?

Carl: No. Why?

Nicole: Come to the mall. I'm here with Daryl shopping for school we can get our stuff together.

Carl: Sounds awesome! I'll be there in a few minutes.

Nicole: Okay see you soon.

Carl arrived at the mall fifteen minutes later with Megan. "There she is." Carl pointed out.

"Hey." Nicole greeted both of them.

"Hey" Carl and Megan both said.

"Hey kid." Daryl said putting a hand on Carl's shoulder.

"I got my supplies shopping done but still need outfits." Nicole spoke. "Megan, could you help me pick out some outfits and I'll help you?" Nicole asked Megan, bitting her lip.

"Of course!" Megan beamed.

"Great! Lets go." Nicole told Megan.

"These pants are cute." Megan gasped as she picked them up to show Nicole.

"Yes they are! In that cart they go." Nicole said. Nicole gasped, "These shirts are so cute!" She picked out a kitten shirt and a spiderman shirt. Nicole and Megan picked out a few more cute outfits and went to the dressing rooms to try them all on.

"How's this look?" Nicole asked Megan.

"Too cute!" Megan exclaimed. "How about this one?" Megan wondered doing a little twirl.

"Cute!" Nicole squealed.

"Okay I think that's enough." Nicole blushed.

"Agreed." Megan said.

Megan, Nicole, and Carl gathered all there things and checked out. "Ouch my bank account." Daryl face palmed.

Nicole blushed, "I'll pay you back." Daryl rolled his eyes.

"Dinner on me?" Carl suggested.

"Mmmmm yes I'm starving." Nicole agreed.

"Where to?" Carl asked.

"Texas Roadhouse?" Nicole shrugged.

"Sounds great!" Megan happily agreed.

"Daryl?" Nicole got her brother's attention.

"Yes let's go I'm pretty hungry." Daryl agreed.

Daryl drove everyone to Texas Roadhouse and they took their seats and ordered. Everyone pretty much ordered the same thing; a steakhouse burger and Pepsi. Everyone finished eating then Carl paid the bill.

Carl drove himself and Megan back to their house and they went about their day. Daryl drove himself and Nicole back to their house and once they got inside Nicole got everything packed into her new book bag that she needed.

"Done packing my book bag and putting away my clothes." Nicole called out to Daryl from upstairs.

"Okay wanna watch a movie?" Daryl asked his sister from halfway up the stairs.

"Sure why not." Nicole shrugged as she turned on The Lion King. Nicole fell asleep half way through the movie while leaning on Daryl's shoulder. Daryl eased up and picked up his sleepy little sister and gently carried her upstairs and put her to bed. Daryl came back downstairs and came to his room and laid in his bed.

I hope she'll be okay at that new school, Daryl thought to himself. After some time thinking Daryl went to bed and let himself sleep in.