Chapter 20

The knock of my bedroom woke me up as I noticed it was morning from the light shining through my window on my face making me cover my face with the blanket.

The knock on the door happened again as I peaked my head out the blanket.

"Come in." My voice cracked as I coughed fixing it.

The knob turned as Beau peeked his head through with a movie in his hands as I smiled.

He came in taking off his jacket putting it aside. I shifted over giving room for Beau to lay beside me which he did.

"How you doing?" He asked me facing me as we were laying down on our sides.

"Not okay." I said.

"Well I brought a Disney film if that makes you happy?" He said

"Depends on which one it is?" I said.

"Frozen." He said and a grin was created on my face as he put it in coming back to me as we sat up cuddling together watching the movie.

Why couldn't we just be together, oh wait I can't cause he doesn't love me back.

"How was your date last night?" I asked him.

"It was good. " He said and I nodded as we continued watching the film.

Someone knocked the door again as my mother walked in smiling at Beau and I.

"Oh um, Ms.Yammouni just called letting you know the funeral is on Friday." She said and I frowned but nodded.

Beaus grip around my shoulder tightened as I gave him a weak smile which made few tears slip out of my eyes.

He paused the movie as he sat in front of me.

He wiped my tears as I was looking at my fingers.

"It happened El, and you can't do anything about it. It also happens and sometimes at a young age as well. Hearing about James is heartbreaking we all know that, and I understand that you are torn from that news, but he wouldn't want to see you like this crying all the time and not being happy, he wants you to stay happy and enjoy life." Beau told me.

"I know but it's just I didn't know. I didn't know he had cancer, I didn't know he was doing weed with Will. I didn't know that he... loved me." I sighed.

"He told you that." Beau said and I nodded.

He hugged me which I hugged him back.

"Why don't we go to the school and shoot some hoops as it will help you." He said.
I nodded as he waited downstairs while I get ready. I looked at my reflection in the mirror screaming. I looked hideous. My hair was everywhere and my makeup was down my cheeks. I even stink, facepalm.

I hopped in the shower and got out a while later changing into normal tights with a tang top knowing we are going to be shooting hoops. I tied my hair in a high pony tail letting it settle down. And decided not to put any make up because I'm going to be sweating. I put on some socks with Nike shoes as I walked downstairs seeing Beau on the phone.

"Alright bye, yeah see you tomorrow babe." He said hanging up on the phone with Vicky.

"Jai and Luke are coming as well." He said looking at me and I nodded.

We walked in the car as we met up with Jai and Luke outside the school.

"So you're telling me you have keys to the gym and storage room?" I asked Beau and he nodded unlocking it as Jai and Luke screamed in jumping around like idiots.