Chapter 23

I was at home as I stretched noticing it was light outside. I freaked out for a second as I looked at the time but then remembered I was suspended.

I got up changing into normal day clothing as I went downstairs to have some breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie." My mom greeted me.

"Good morning did you get a call from my school." I said while putting milk in my cereal.

"Yup I talked to your principal but you are still suspended." She said and I sighed eating my cereal.

"Why don't you go to the mall today?" My mom suggested.

"Why?" I asked her.

"You need to get a black dress for Friday." She said sadly as I remembered what she was talking about.

I put my spoon back in the cereal as I didn't feel hungry anymore.

I need to get prepared for James funeral.

I got back up grabbing my phone and coming back down as my mother gave me some cash.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She asked and I refused.

"I'll take the bus." I told her and she nodded.

I put on a hoodie with some skinny jeans as I walked out waiting at the bus stop.

I was sitting in the bus seeing a cute couple in front of me and the image of Beau and I came in my head. I want to be Beau's. I want to call him mines.

I began thinking about him as I grabbed my phone checking the time as it was lunch time at our school.

I dialled Beau's number as I put it against my ear.

"Hey El, what's up miss me already?" He joked.

"Totally, what's you up too?" I asked him.

"Just sitting down here with Vicky." He said and I frowned. Does he always have to be with her, I get they are a couple but like still.

"Oh, an I bothering you guys?" I asked him.

"Beau... hang up already..." I heard her mumbling.

"I'll call you later okay Ella?" He said.

"Yeah no prob--" he hung up before I could finish as I frowned and put my phone back in my pocket waiting for my stop.

*

I got out as I received a phone call and I answered it.

"Hey Ella!" Jai said as I smiled.

"Hey Jai what's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing lunch is about to be over so I thought I'd give you a call to ask you what you doing?" He asked.

"Well I'm at the mall, I wish you guys could've came with me to cheer me up." I sighed.

"Oh someone doing some shopping, I know I wish I had no school this shit is so boring and I have history after like come on." He said as I laughed.

"No I'm here to buy a dress for James funeral on Friday you guys are coming right?" I asked him.

"Oh I'm sorry, and yeah of course we are here for you. Hey why don't we do this, I'll skip class and meet you at the mall?" He said.

"No it's okay it's just one period left just go to history I'll be fine." I said.

"Exactly there's just one class left so what's the point? Meet me at the front I'll be there in 10." He hung up before he could reply as a smile appeared on my face, he's so sweet.