Chapter Nine

It's been months since Irene revealed she wasn't dead. Luna's photography business was still going well, Sherlock and John still solved cases and Mrs Hudson still wasn't their housekeeper. Yet, something had shifted in 221. Luna spent more time with Mrs Hudson, helping her with small things, Sherlock seemed to be invested in Luna after New Year's and said woman spent much more time in 221b in her spare time.

Sherlock was currently walking up the stairs to his flat, but stops by the door. He takes in a long sniff and analyses the perfume. It wasn't Luna or Mrs Hudson's and it was unlikely it was one of the models Luna had coming in and out considering most used the same few brands. He walks across to the window and checks it, realising that it's open. Turning and sniffing again, he starts to walk slowly towards his bedroom just as the downstairs door slams and feet start rushing up the stairs. Reaching his room, he pushes the door open whilst John comes into the kitchen with bags of shopping. Sherlock walks into the bedroom and turns to stand and looks down at the bed.

"Sherlock ..." John notices him

"We have a client," Sherlock says, staring at his bed

"What, in your bedroom?!" he walks along the passage and into the bedroom, then his jaw drops when he sees the bed. Irene is under the covers, fast asleep "Maybe we should call Luna...".

----------&----------

A/N: I'll be honest, I feel like no one really likes this... I feel like I'm just putting stuff up that only I see. I don't know, it's just sort of been weighing on my mind.