Chapter Sixteen :) - Cracks

Stevens POV:
(Y/N) was standing on the front porch. She looked either really upset, or really really angry. I've never seen her angry before.

"Y/N!" David yelled excitedly. The ground started rumbling again and cracks formed in the sand.

"Father." She nodded a hello at him. She became surprisingly calm.

David 'aww'ed sarcastically. "What are you gonna do kid? Punch me? Shoot me? You can't even do anything? I made sure of that." The knife pressed further into my neck. Y/N hopped over the railing, and a piece of the earth raised off the ground for her to step on. It lowered her to the ground and she stood in front of the gems holding my friends. And Jasper. She held her hand out and there was a green light. A dark green bow appeared out of thin air, along with a black tipped arrow.

"What the..." Me and David said at the same time. Y/N pointed at the gems holding Jasper and fired, it cut right through the gem, poofing it. Jasper jumped up and grabbed the gem.

"Nice one." She smiled. "I trained her to do that." She yelled.

"Shut up or I'll poof you too. Help me out here." Y/N warned. Jasper moved to the enemies closest to her and Y/N walked over to us, still calm as ever. "Let him go." She said calmly.

David laughed. "You can't even work that thing." He muttered. A arrow shot through the air, missing my head by an inch, and hitting David's hand. "Ouch!" He released me, and I summoned my shield to put more distance between us.

I backed up to Y/N. "Are you... like me?" I whispered.

She looked (up/down) at me and clenched her teeth. She grabbed the collar of her shirt and pulled it down, revealing a dark green gem. I gasped and reached out to touch it on instinct. It was cool, and smooth. It looked chipped, but that was something I could fix if she let me.

"Whaaaaaaaat?!" Everyone yelled behind us. Except Jasper, Garnet, and Bismuth. They just gave us an encouraging smile.

David ran towards us again, but the ground lifted him up in the air. "Hey! Put me down this instant!"

"What should I do with him?" Y/N asked me.

I put my shield down. "I believe everyone should get a second chance."

Y/N gave me a disbelieving look. "I don't." A large crack opened up in the ground and the her father fell into it. "This seems mean." She muttered. "Eh. He deserves it." The crack closed and she turned towards David's army. They all took a step back, as everyone was freed and ready to fight.

"Wait! I don't want to poof them! Let me talk them down." I took a step forward with my hands up.

-.-.-.-.-
Y/Ns POV:
Steven must have talked to the army for 20 minutes before they finally agreed to giving Little Homeschool a chance.

Jasper put a hand on your shoulder. "Sorry you had to tell him this way." She said. "Thank you for letting me fight, I would have liked to get at least one punch in on your father."

"Sorry, I let my anger get the best of me. Do you think Stevens mad at me for letting him fall?"

"Probably... he's too nice for his own good. Apart from that part he corrupted and destroyed a little bit of the beach."

"He deserves it. All those years of abuse and torture... it was nice to get him back." You put your bow away and sighed. "I'll get rid of your crane."

"Nah, it's nice to have a reminder someone thinks about me." Jasper patted your back aggressively. "I'll be leaving now. Who are you staying with?"

You froze. "I-I don't know. I'll just stay at my dads I guess? But I don't have money to afford it. Oh god." You put your head in your hands.

"You can stay with me." Steven appeared beside you and put his hand in yours comfortingly.

"I don't want to be a burden! I'll stay with Jasper!"

Jasper shook her head. "No you won't. Take the invitation. Goodbye." She stomped off, but then again you don't think she can walk normally.

"Nope, your staying with me. Also, you have a lot of explaining to do." His grip on your hand tightened, becoming less comforting and more aggressive.

You laughed awkwardly. "What do you mean?" A crane flew down and landed on Stevens shoulder. He yelled out. "What are you gonna name him?"

"Uhh, what?" He asked you.

"The crane, Jasper named hers Rock. I can't really control it, so it's here to stay." I paused for a minute. "Well, as long as I care about you."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I can control animals. Not very well though. Cranes tend to follow around people that I care about." Pearl and Bismuth were leading the army towards Little Homeschool. "Are you gonna go with them?" You pointed towards everyone else. Steven led you into the house, closing the door behind us.

"No, they told me to stay behind. Garnet said something about learning your backstory and growing closer with you or something." He shrugged and sat down on the couch. "Anyways, tell me about your father."

You held up a finger. "I'm so tired I can feel my muscles staring to give out, can we do this tomorrow?"

"I guess." Steven grabbed you a pair of his old clothes and pulled out some blankets and a pillow for the couch. You had a feeling you wouldn't get a minute to wake up before being bombarded with questions, so you took your time getting ready for bed. Maybe if you went to sleep late Steven would let you wake up late.

He didn't.

-.-.-.-.-
Yayyyy her dads dead? I guess that's a good thing. Idk how to feel about it and I was the one that wrote it. I'll make another chapter soon. Thank you so, so much for reading. Peace.