Chapter Eighteen :) - Dropping Hints

Y/Ns POV:
You had been staying with Steven for a few weeks now, and you noticed the past few days Steven had been acting weird around you. Well, weirder than usual. His face was constantly red, and he freaked out when you two touched, even if it was of accident. He would start apologizing over and over and scoot even farther away from you. You were starting to wonder if he didn't want you living with him anymore. You had always cleaned around the house, so Pearl was happy to have you around. Although there were multiple times where she asked you if you would transfer and let her train you instead of Jasper, but you always refused. You and Amethyst had become pretty close too, you had been to her room a couple of times and helped her trash it. Garnet was like a mom, well... two moms? To you. She had bought you new clothes and gave you advice. The future vision probably helped, giving her insight on what you needed before you asked for it.

You and Steven were on his bed watching a movie. You were both on the bed, but unlike other times he made sure there was significant distance between you.

"Hey Steven?" You asked him. Like usual, his face turned red and he cleared his throat before speaking.

"Yeah?"

You had finally built up enough courage to ask him. It took a while for him to get you to fully understand he was never going to hurt you, and you were slowly becoming more comfortable and confident. "Do you still want me to live here?"

He definitely wasn't expecting you to ask that. He almost fell off the bed. "No! I love having you here! Why would you think that?" His eyes were wide.

You shrugged. "You've been acting weird."

Steven scoffed and waved it off. "Weird how? I'm acting perfectly normal."

You giggled. "Your like a human mood ring. Your pink if your angry, and red when your embarrassed or... oh my stars your blushing!" You were starting to put the pieces together in your head.

"I am not!" Steven looked at his reflection in the tv.

"And you make sure there is always a foot between us!" You continued on. As if to prove you wrong, Steven moved closer to you so your shoulders were touching.

"You don't exactly seem like a touchy feely person! I didn't want to push you!" He was making excuses. You could tell because his voice was unusually shaky and he was sweating.

"Steven, what's going on? Please tell me." You pouted, trying to get him to give in. It worked.

Steven groaned and looked away from you. "Fine! I like you." You got the just of what he was saying, even though his face was smashed in a pillow, muffling his voice.

"Oh, I like you too." You laughed. Was he crazy? Of course you liked him. He literally gave you hope, and helped you become a better person. Also his hair was soft. And he was nice, and cute... oh geez. (Sorry it's really hard to write this because I don't have a crush on Steven Universe?? No offense to anyone who does, I just don't know what exactly to write here)

"No, I like you, like you." Steven said more firmly.

"I like you, like you too." You repeated. Does he think you don't understand what he's saying?

"No, Y/N I love you!" He exclaimed.

You just stared at him with wide eyes. Oh geez. That was fast. After nodding you smiled. "I love you Steven."

His head shot up and he gasped loudly. "What? You do?"

You scoffed. "Duh. Also, your terrible at dropping hints. I thought you hated me or something."

Steven rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Yeah... I'm not very good at this dating stuff. So, can I take you on a date?"

You smiled even wider than before, if that was even possible. "Sure!"

-.-.-.-.-
Like with my other story i don't know what else to add, this is kind of the resolution. Obviously I want a happy ending but I'm thinking about ending it here? I don't really feel like adding another chapter about their date but I can if someone wants me too. Someone tell me what to do because I can do anything, as long as it's not a lemon. I can't write romance. Peace.