Prologue: Volume 1

'There are rare moments
when another soul dips near yours,
as stars shine next to each other,
fooling the creatures that they are one.'

Glimmering stars scattered on the dark velvet sky, creating a majestic contrast in my vision

Glimmering stars scattered on the dark velvet sky, creating a majestic contrast in my vision. The stars were so near- so near that they were within my reach. It was as if the starry sky was a mirror of the heavenly body; I could see the fairy dust sprinkled and sparkled in the reflection of my hazel eyes.

Were the fairies bidding their farewell to me? The once illuminating stars grew dim and died away in a blink of an eye. I reached my hand out, hoping I could grab a firm hold of the fading dazzles. However, a glittering light shone brighter in front of the distant stars, capturing my attention from the blurry view.

The blue rays that embraced the flickering star sent a resemblance to a sapphire gemstone. Was it my illusion? I could tell this precious gemstone was speaking to me through its shimmering rays; yet, no clue was found.

As I lost in my thoughts, a tiny fissure appeared in between the gemstone. I narrowed my eyelids, attempting to focus on the merely-seen split. As time went by, the gap grew wider. 'It isn't one, but two...' The voice in my head spoke the fact.

It wasn't long before a shooting star deployed from the blue one, striking a straight line across the gloomy sky. Unintentionally, my eyes moved along the linear that was drawn on the shady canvas. Another star lightened up before the last one- a bright heavenly white star.

"That's Hamal, the brightest star of..." An unfamiliar, silvery voice played next to my ear as I locked my eyes on the twinkling star. I got lost in my thoughts, was lost for words, and got lost in the inexpressible view- not until I lost the gravity underneath my feet without an alert.

My eyes widened; yet, they glued on the distancing, stunning view. My hair fluttered in the strong wind that was howling thunderously next to my ears, filling every peace of mind I once had.

It took me seconds to be aware of the fact that I was floating in the air moments ago- and that I was falling to the ground by now. However, the seconds that I took weren't sufficient to give me a realisation of such a bizarre incident.

With a constant force pulling on her muscles, she could feel her leg jolted briefly and uncontrollably. Slowly and calmly, she opened her eyes. A plain ceiling entered her vision behind those heavy eyelids. A familiar view; yet, a different one from what she saw a moment ago.

A breath after another, she took, steadily and quietly; she tried to identify which one was the reality. "... What a weird dream," she muttered as she recollected the pieces of her dream scene by scene. "... Hamal?" She added, keeping the unknown word of her dream in her mind.

Only if she remembers the detail of the utmost importance: who was the person that told her about Hamal?