Chapter 1: Cross Paths

'Meeting the most unexpected personat the most unexpected timeunder the most unexpected circumstance

at the most unexpected time
under the most unexpected circumstance...
You're the worst I've ever met.' 

Admiring the serene town which was situated down at the hill, the familiar scenery turned into a magical land of coldly white and opaque under his feet- one that was straight out of a fairy tale

As if the neighbourhood gained the blessing from the goddess of winter, the snow nymphes sprinkled heavenly white snow crystals gently from the darkening sky. Snowflakes landed in every corner of the town, covering them with a fluffy snow blanket.

The cold breeze caressed the fair skin of the grey-haired man's face and hands, spreading its wintery touches to the bare skin of his neck underneath a barely-warming dark grey scarf. Visible misty clouds escaped from his thin lips as he took each chilly, moist air in and out.

His lips widened to a slight extent as he drowned himself in the beauty of nature. It is the season he loves- for its mystical view that soothes the eyes and the wintery climate that comforts the souls.

Kazuki, one known for his social connection, was always seen with his fellow committees or companions. However, he does enjoy a little me-time now and then. As the saying goes, even the strongest person needs a break.

Today was the day that he craved for the give-me-some-private-time. And so, he picked his favourite spot of all intentionally to fill his free time with the thing he loves to do. However, he would never expect it would be one of the worst decisions he made.

Setting up the telescope by the hill in no time, he sat down on the frozen ground, two steps away from his precious tool. He bent his legs as he lay his left leg by the side and his right foot on the ground, supporting his relaxed body with his palms against the snow.

Gazing at the warming hues of red blended with orange and purple, breathtakingly, a sense of warmth embraced the coldness of the weather. Tranquillity and serenity enhanced the soothing ambience to the next level. Be that as it may, it did take long before the relaxing atmosphere came to an end.