Chapter 7

Colleen's POV

Josh and I walked out of our bedroom after our talk. We went into the kitchen where we left Molly and we saw her laying on the ground. Josh scooped her up without even thinking and ran out our apartment door. I called the ambulance and by the time we got down in front of the apartment building the paramedics were there. Josh handed Molly to one of the paramedics and told us we could ride in the ambulance. We got in quickly and they drove to the hospital. Josh and I are crying now and Molly still hasn't woken up. We got to the hospital and they rushed her into the E.R. and we had to sit in the waiting room. We were waiting for an hour before a doctor said that it was okay to go see her now. "Molly seems to be depressed and she had such a severe anxiety attack she passed out." The Nurse said. "Are you her parents?" The nurse asked. "Pretty much." Josh quickly said. Molly passed out for 3 hours and she began to wake up. "Molly!" I accidently yelled."H-Hi Colleen." she weakly said. "What happened" Molly innocently asked. I told her she has depression and she had an anxiety attack. She began to cry again.

     Molly's POV

I woke up in the hospital room and Colleen and Josh were sitting right there. I asked her what happened and she told me I have depression and I had an anxiety attack. I couldn't help but cry. "Don't cry baby girl." Josh sweetly said. "We are here for you honey" Colleen said as she started walking over to me. "Listen. Joshua and I have been talking and we wanted to ask if you would be ok with us being your legal parents?" Colleen asked. What do I even say to that.

        Josh's POV

We sat in Molly's hospital room for 3 hours before she woke up and when she did Colleen and I were going to ask her if we could be her legal parents. "I'm nervous." Colleen said. "It's all right baby" I said trying to comfort her. "H-Hi" Molly mumbled. I looked at Colleen and we stood up to ask her. We told her what happened to her and she started to cry again. "Don't cry baby girl" I said and at that moment I realized I wanted to adopt her. We asked her if it would be ok if we could be her legal parents and she was silent.

     Molly's POV

"Can I think about it?" I said. "Of course honey, it's a big decision for a 10 year old. " Colleen said. When can we go back to your apartment? When th- "Hello Molly I see you are awake." said the doctor. "We are going to release you to go home now but Colleen give her 2 aleve a day for any head pain from falling on the ground." Doctor Smith explained.

        Colleen's POV

"Can I think about it?" Molly asked me. My heart stopped. She is going to say no. "Of course you can" I lied. The doctor came I'm and explained he was releasing her so we got her all dressed and Rachel picked us up since we didn't have our car. "Hey Colleen!" Rachel yelled. I introduced her to Molly and Rachel was very sweet like normal.

        Rachel's POV

My phone started to ring and it was Colleen. "Hello?" we both said at the same time. "What's wrong Colleen?!" I quickly asked. "A little girl had no where to stay a few days ago so we let her stay here and she passed out so we went to the hospital, and we are released but we don't have a car." Colleen quickly said. "I'm on my way to pick you up." I said running out the front door. "Thanks Rachel! Love you" Colleen said. I said I love you and I started my car. I am at the hospital and I see them walking to the car. Molly is beautiful! I whispered to myself. "Hey Colleen" I yelled as she got in the car. Colleen introduced Molly to me and I introduced myself as well. Molly is the sweetest little girl.