Chapter 3

After I ran a little I figured I was safe. I didn't have much time so I started to make my way back to the orphanage. If Ms. Addie found out I wasn't there, she would kill me. I was walking down the street and I started to think. Maybe I can get my stuff tomorrow and just leave. I can't take it there anymore. It was torture. I am still walking back to the orphanage and I am starting to get tired. I need to hurry up. As I walked past a coffee place I see the Colleen and Josh people walking out. I tried to walk away without them noticing and that didn't work. "Molly!" Colleen yelled. Crap. I pretended not to hear and kept walking. They started to come up to me so I ran. The orphanage was really close. I got myself back into the attic and Ms. Addie came in 2 minutes later. Man that was close. "Julia told me that you slapped her in the face." said Ms. Addie. No. She slapped me. "Don't yell at me you brat!" said Ms. Addie sternly. "Fine. For that you get to stay up here for an extra week." she said. I didn't dare to talk back again. But little did she know I would be leaving tomorrow anyway..... It is the next morning and I'm all packed up and ready to leave. I mean all I had to pack was my flats, my sweatshirt, my 3 shirts, and 2 pairs of pants. Those things were given to me by an old worker who used to work at the orphanage. I miss her a lot. She was all I had. Well now I'm ready to go. See you later Ms. Addie I said quietly out loud.