The Circle

***Picture of Luca Cartwright***

Morning came quickly and the parents were surprised to see Luca and Fin who looked even more nervous than they did meeting Jonathan. Will did the introductions and after breakfast they headed to the training hall and it was noted that Fin and Luca stuck close to the girls. Inside Jace and Jonathan stood in front of the boys with their arms crossed and stone faces Jon's eyes were dancing. "Play nice boys" Izzy called pulling the girls away. "Are the two of you fond of my daughter and my niece?" he smiled. "Jocelyn is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" Fin spilled out. "I feel drawn to her, I don't know why and I honestly don't care. I just want to protect her, even if it's from herself" Luca whispered slightly embarassed. Jonathan turned away and released them from their trance and Jace stepped up. "I don't care that they are the two best female shadowhunters of your generation the are still our daughters, though you seemingly proved yourselves in your assessment yesterday as you've notice they're above The Clave's standards so you must be above The Clave's standards." Jace finished and Jonathan returned "Jocelyn can't beat Willow and Willow can't beat Clary.... before we start we want to see how long you would last against my dear sister" everyone sucked in a sharp breath as Clary stepped up to the mat. "That's a littles unfair, Rae and Jay gets into their first serious relationship and you try to kill them" Magnus said in a pouty tone. Fin went first and held his own against Clary but after five minutes she had him down. Luca was next and his face was focused as Clary charged him; they went at for ten minutes and it was very close but Clary still came out victorious. They trained for about an hour then Clary, Jace, Jonathan and Isabelle along with their children changed to go to The Gard to meet with The Clave; Fin and Luca returned to their home.

Everyone was nervous, they had all had some awful experiences dealing with The Clave and they had worked hard to keep Will, Rae and Jay away. "We stay together" Jonathan said pushing the door open and leading them inside. They were surprised to only see Jia Penhallow and a few of the council members. "Thank you for joining us this afternoon." Jia said calmly. "We called you her because after seeing your children's performances yesterday and hearing your concerns about being split up I've come up with a plan and the council has agreed to it. The seven of you are the best shadowhunters in our history so we want to honor you by giving you an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive" she droned on. "We want you to become the founding members of The Circle"

"What" the adults screamed. The way Jia saw the original circle was founded by a Morgenstern which had good intentions but soon lost their purpose. The new circle would be made up of the best shadowhunters in the world and the New York Institute will be the official home of The Circle. "You have full control over who joins and train them as you see fit, you will be dispatched to other institutes in need of help but you will always be together." Jia finished. "Alec Lightwood and the Cartwright twins from the London Institute will be joining us. We won't need to be assigned a clave warlock for injuries we have Magnus and Cassidy Bane to look out for us" Jace added. After finalizing all details and discussing the how potential members would be selected they agreed to the terms and left to tell the others back home, since they were still waiting on some late arrivals for the official Clave meeting the council was throwing a celebration in honor of the ten best shadow hunters in the world known as The Circle.