.:+ I'm fine, are you? (2) +:. ❌

Lapis held tightly onto Peridot's shaking wrist, keeping her close as she rounded the bright and sharp corners of the ship. After freeing the two of them, the next goal was escaping; and if they were lucky, catching the gems behind it. The capsule was similarly built like the first one Peridot and her had been on years ago; green and yellow with strange tubes of liquid that covered the roof and walls.

She grimaced, looking away with a sour twist of her mouth as she thought of the memory. She'd hoped she'd never have to be on a ship such as this again after becoming a crystal gem, but I guess that's what it came down to.

Still exhausted from her daring, risky escape, she fought the urge to retreat to her gem for recovery as her head spun. However, she couldn't stand the thought of leaving Peridot alone to fend for herself; she had to protect her.

The green gem tugged at her slouching hand resistantly and chimed. "Lapis, are you ok? Do we need to sit down?" She asked, pulsing with anxiety. Lapis shook her head, trying to hide the fact that she was stumbling with every step. "I'll be fine," She huffed breathlessly, ruffling the shorter gem's hair. "don't worry about me."

Peridot begrudgingly nodded, as if she wanted to oppose her claim, but yet she stayed silent. Lapis keened her eyes farther, scouting different openings and more empty cells ahead, but no exit. As far as the two of them were aware, they were the only prisoners on the ruined ship.

The sound of light tapping alerted her senses at once, and she realized with a gasp that something was coming towards them, and fast.

Stopping abruptly in her tracks, she whirled around and hauled an unsuspecting Peridot to an empty cell, pressing her back against the cool ship wall and gesturing for her to repeat. She then lashed at Peridot and slapped a hand over her mouth as she started to speak, glaring at her with silent sharp eyes.

The steps slowly got louder and more identifiable, heavy and confident, like the thud of a quartz soldier. Lapis held her breath and flattened herself further against the wall, hoping that they were coming from the direction she thought they were.

Eventually, a hooded figure with loose strands of tangled lavender hair and wearing the attire of an era 1 Amethyst obliviously strolled past the quiet duo, a pair of set forward dark eyes glowering menacingly.

That wasn't what scared her the most though.

Strapped to one arm and hand was a large, blunt mechanic with a retracted sharp steel end that stuck out over their knuckles. Lapis realized with a wave of cold horror that it was a breaking point, a weapon Bismuth had created long ago, used to shatter homeworld gems to dust in the blink of an eye. She pondered how they could've ended up with such a weapon. There was no war, so why were they carrying such a dangerous device? She only managed a sigh. It was now clear that these new gems had a much more gruesome plan.

Timidly sticking her head around the corner, Lapis swiftly looked both ways before deciding the empty path was clear. She beckoned Peridot to follow with a tilt of her head, offering her hand again for the green gem to hold. Smiling, she grabbed it thankfully, sighing with comfort as she came up to Lapis' side again and matched her steps.

"Any idea of where we are?" Lapis hastily whispered to Peridot, demanding an answer. "We should be near the control room, where the ship is controlled." She noted, starting to stride ahead of her as she grew more sure of the path. Now Lapis was the one being towed, tripping after the speedy gem as she raced in a straight path towards a bulky green door.

"In here." Peridot pointed eagerly, letting go of her hand as she started to examine the high tech security system. Lapis looked around with a wary gaze, crossing her arms and keeping watch from behind. In a matter of seconds, the smart gem aced the code as the door slid open with a pwish. They both held their breath in sync, hoping the pilot didn't hear; but to their surprise, the room was empty.