FIVE

LUYOLO MAYIZA

The MC got hold of the Mike and the music stopped.
MC:"Okay now like I said before, we need both husband to close up with a little speech before it gets down here. Mr and Mrs Mayiza, please come down here and say your few words to us."

Why didn't anyone tell me to prepare a speech. Now I have to look like a clown. I stand up with Lindo still holding on to me and he is not willing to let go. I help my dear wife up in her sexy Crystal white mermaid tail dress, backless with noodle straps. She is looking fucking sexy! We walk down hand in hand and the MC hands the mic to me.

Luyolo:"Should I or you..?"
Ntombi:"It's okay, go ahead."
Luyolo:"Molweni. Uhm, I was not told ukuba ndizoyenza ispeech. So I won't be long as I don't have anything prepared. Wow, the..." (I had no idea that I was going to be called to give in a speech.)
Lindo interrupts me
Lindo:"Daddy, what is that?" He tries grabbing the mic from my hand."
Luyolo:"It's a mic." I say that not too dismissively. I just know the next question will follow soon. "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted (I clear my throat), the day has finally came where I met my beautiful, sexy mysterious wife. It was not part of the plan to get married this year but hey, this is just a blessing. I admit, bendino msindo (I was angry) when this marriage was being arranged and maybe I still am angry at a few things but, at this very moment ndino vuyo (I am happy). Who would have thought that I, will be married today, I mean..."
Lindo:"Daddy, I saw that man who sings "Ndode ndala ka ngaka ikhalel'uma wayo" holding the mic on nankhulu and tata's TV" Everyone laughs to his stupid cuteness
Luyolo:"Baby let daddy finish talking okay, when I am done we will talk okay? Go to mommy Enhle for now." I peck on his cheek and hand him to Enhle, yes I will call her Enhle and they gladly take each other into each other's arms.
Luyolo:"I have played around a numerous times but right now I feel like I have been saved from a lot of trouble. I would like to thank each and everyone of you who probably had better plans but instead you made it here to witness this journey that is about to start for me and my wife." I hold her waist. "I will honor this woman before me, come hail storms and thunders, I will make sure that the foundation is strong enough to keep us standing. I don't know much about you, in fact I know nothing about you but baby trust me when I say I am willing to give us a chance to get to know you." I peck her forehead and hand the mic to her.

Lindo:"But daddy, I also want to sing with the mic." He frowns and I know we will never hear the end of it. I released a sigh and turned to look at Enhle for help, but she shrugs.
Luyolo:"Come Lindo, give mommy Enhle time to talk." I attempt to take him.
Lindo:"No!" The guests are quite entertained by this.
Wow! You know what, I will just let him be, yeah that's exactly what I am going to do.
Ntombi:"Sanibonani.Ngithandza uku bonga nonke (I would like to thank) for all the lovely messages that you shared with us, well I would like to say more but my dearest husband here had said most of the things that I would have also shared with you." My husband, she says. I gotta get used to that. "So, to my in-laws, thank you for welcoming me into your home and I am willing to have you as my new family and to know you. To my friends who made it here to come support what I'd call "Miserable wedding day" which surprised me to be the best of my dream wedding. But, I just want to thank God most of all for being with us today, for blessing this prosperous day. Can we all please raise our glasses, I just want to make a toast to my marriage, a toast to family, a toast to loyalty, and lastly to new beginnings." I grabbed two empty glasses from the table and handed one to her. We all raised our glasses.
"New beginnings." We all say.
Lindo:"New benigins (Beginnings)!" This rascal! We laugh at his adorable self.

Lindo:"Mommy Enhle can I sing?"
Ntombi:"What would you like to sing baby?"
Lindo:"Baby Shark, doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo!" He goes on for a while singing whilst we clapped hands for him. After he was done we gave him a round of applause.