FORTY-EIGHT

NTOMBENHLE MAYIZA

I am woken up by Luyolo buried inside of me, passionately thrusting behind me while I am still side sleeping. I lift up my leg a little to create more room for him. He starts thrusting faster but carefully.

After a few more humping, his body tenses up as he groans and releases his seeds in me before he spoons me wrapping his arms around my belly.

"Have I told you how much nicer sex has become since you are pregnant?"

"Need I remind you that in three weeks time, the pregnancy will be gone?" He chuckles.

"I won't let you go off that easily. I want a soccer team running around the backyard. This triple story is too big for only five people, we have enough bedrooms." Is he even hearing himself? I am tired of this pregnancy, I have had enough of it.

"Huh-uh, what? I am done with babies. I am so tired with this pregnancy and I don't think I can do with another one." He pecks my shoulder.

"All in a good time, mommy. We should go to Bhisho a few months after the babies are born." I agree. We had to go there a month ago but, we chose to go to France instead.

"Yeah honey. Is your father still there or he went back to Cape Town?" He sighs.

"I don't know hey... Things between my father and my mother seem not to be getting better. I think there is something more than what happened between your mother and my father." I nod. This is going to be awkward when we have gatherings.

"I really hope things get better between them. We have babies on the way and, for their sake I hope that things are fine by then because, I would like both my mom and yours to be there." He holds me tight.

"Don't worry yourself so much about that. Focus on the positive okay." His phone beeps, he ignores it.

"Okay." It goes silent for a while. "What time are you going to the mall?" Luyolo is going to the Mall with Lindokuhle to buy a birthday present for Logan's daughter before they go to the party.
Mam' Gloria is not coming in on weekends so, I will be all alone today. His phone beeps again. "Are you not going to check it?"

"8am. I should get ready now, are you joining me in the shower?" He detangles away from me getting off the bed ignoring my last question.

He takes his phone with going to the bathroom. My husband has been very sneaky this whole week. I mean, he makes private phone calls and he deletes his call log. Last night, I told him that I want to tag along to the mall then we can go to the party together but nooo, he refused and told me that I should be ready at 12pm, he will fetch me then because, it was a boys' shopping spree.

"Luyolo. Are you cheating on me?"

"What!? No... of course not baby how can you even think like that?" He answers very quickly avoiding eye contact. That confirms it.

"I will go wake Lindokuhle and get him ready." I sadly get off the bed and wear my robe before going out of the room.

***

I just finished making breakfast. I am sitting with my small family on the dining table eating in silence. Luyolo and Lindokuhle are chatting and I am in deep thoughts. I can't get it out of my head that, Luyolo might be cheating on me.

"Mommy, can I please have more eggs?" Lindokuhle likes eggs or maybe how I make them.

"Okay baby." I dish more eggs on his plate and pour a ketchup on them.

"Thank you." I smile..

"Sthandwa sami. Can we talk, in the kitchen?" Luyolo asks while standing up. I get up too before going to the kitchen with him.

"I know you are angry with me but, there is nothing to be worried about. I am not cheating on you and I won't start now. I love you Mommy, you alone. Believe me when I say that, there is no one that I am fooling around with."