FORTY-THREE

NOMATHEMBA MNISI

I did it again, I disrespected my husband once more. How did I even allow this to happen? I should have never came here, this is a mess and right now my husband is going to leave me, I can't lose my husband, no.

I am still stuck in bed with Siboniso who looks like he has seen a ghost, but I understand why because even I here don't know what to do or what to say, we cannot fool anyone I mean, it is very obvious what Siboniso and I were getting up to, I am naked for goodness sake!

"Please tell me it is not what I think it is, please." Oh you can't miss the disappointment in his voice. He looks away.

"Luyolo, son. Please, can we talk about this?" Siboniso says.

"Tata, is this what you called me here for?" So, Luyolo was supposed to be here? Wow!

"No, and I didn't know that you would come earlier than you speculated."

"Oh wow, Dad! That doesn't make what you did right! I am leaving, I cannot stand what is happening here." He opens the door and leaves, I sigh.

"This is messed up Siboniso, I should get home." He nods.

"Won't you shower first?" I shake my head.

"I will do that at home before my husband gets back home."

"Okay, let's get dressed then."

***

BUSANI MNISI

I was spending time with both my daughters at work, I hardly had work to do so, my eldest daughter who works part-time in our company has come to work today with her daughter, Minenhle. We have been in my office since morning chatting and eating, Mbalenhle is now leaving so, I thought I should leave to and go home early today. We left Ntombenhle since she is waiting for her husband to come back from a meeting.

We have reached the parking space of where our cars are parked. I am holding Minenhle in my hands.

"You must bring Neo for dinner on Friday. I miss spending time with my whole family." I put Minenhle in the car on her car seat and buckle her.

"Of course baba, we would love to." Mbalenhle excitedly responda.

"Okay then. Drive safe. Minenhle, Mkhulu loves you okay my baby?" She nods. Minenhle is not much of a talker.

"Thank you dad, bye bye." As soon as the drive out, I follow out with my car going to my house.

Like every other husband, we expect to find our wives at home but not mine. She probably went grocery shopping. Let me call her and find out how far she is.

Her phone rings and goes unanswered. I try it again and this time she answers it after two rings.

"Hello?" When last has my wife ever answered my phone call like that? It is either she says 'Baba' or 'Myeni wami' (my husband) but never hello. I clear my throat.

"Hello. Where are you?"

"I... Uh, I am almost home." Why do I sense a panic in her?

"Okay." I hung up going to the kitchen to get a bottle of water and head upstairs for a quick shower.

When I was done, I wore my shorts with Flip flops going back downstairs and just then, my wife walks in.

"Ba-baba. You are back home early today." She is not even keeping eye contact with me.

"I am my own boss, the CEO of that company remember? " She nods. "I thought you went grocery shopping, where were you?" Her eyes wander around but never my direction. Now I am convinced that something is wrong.

"I was... uh... Oh yes, I went to see Mbalenhle. I have missed her and Minenhle so much." What!? But, let me play along.

"Oh so, did you find them?" She coughs.