Chapter 19

Rose Point of  view

Time was passing before my eyes. It felt like shortly after my arrival to court had come the time for me to be force to be frozen. The nine months flew by, it was like one minute, I was making my way to court and the next I was sitting in bed. I wasn't done getting my memories back when I began to imagine my future. I'll admit I hate the time I spend lying down, but I loved that it was all for my baby. I still remember a the days where I couldn't see myself as a mother, duty always came first. But to watched the months pass I couldn't see myself doing anything else than waiting for the arrival of my baby into this world.

The best part of it all was that it was of the man I loved. Although Dimitri was loyal to his duty, he secretly always desired to have a family. He had admitted it once to me. But soon after had given up on the idea because he claimed he had enough with me. That didn't stop him from being delighted with the news of having the baby. Although I wanted a girl, I wasn't sure that the world was ready to handle a mini-me.

Many mothers try to sugarcoat the stage of giving birth, but it makes no sense. Giving birth is extremely painful; it's almost like your dying in the inside as your child is coming out. It's hard, but I was sure my baby wanted to come out as much as I wanted him in my arms. When I heard his mighty cry, I knew it was all worth it. My desire to hold him made me forget the birth pain. I didn't regret any of it once in my arms. I could do it over again if it meant that in the end, I would get my miracle.

  Ivan Lucas Belikov was finally here.

We decided to call him Ivan Lucas in memory of Dimitri 's best friend and charge Ivan Zeklos as I knew it would mean a lot to him that we named our son after him. The way I saw him, Ivan looked exactly like his father. Yet he had my hair color; I just hoped he wouldn't inherit my attitude. I wanted him to have Dimitri's character. But I would love him no matter what he was, my son.

My body was slowly going back to normal. It had been a very energy consuming birth, according to the doctor. I needed a lot of rest before I could begin a new life with my family.

Olena took our son home three days after his birth, as I wasn't allowed to go back yet. I was lying on the bed, thinking of how my life had changed when suddenly I felt like someone was staring at me. I opened my eyes and instantly cursed out loud.  I saw dead, and at the same time, the lockdown alarm sounded.

" What the heck?" I said as I tried to get up from the bed, which only made me dizzy.

I try to focus on who came into the room, and I relaxed when I smelled the aftershave.

   " We need to get out of here, I need to get you to the safe house with Lissa and the others," Dimitri said as he handed me clothes for me to change.

I quickly changed, and we were soon off to the safe house. I walked behind Dimitri as I knew we had to watch our back. I could feel that they were already in the building.

" Dimitri, our son, we need to get him and Olena," I whisper to him.

" Don't worry, Viktoria and Nikola were assigned by Lissa to look after them. They should be on their way to the safe house," Dimitri said as he scanned the room.

I only prayed that they are already in the house. I would kill anyone if they lay a hand on my baby boy.  As soon as we made it out of the building, I felt like throwing up as I felt the biggest wave of nausea came. 

" on your left," I said to him as I felt them coming from both sides.

Dimitri took a left.t I took the right one. The strigoi I had was a human as she fought very sloppy,y and as soon as she gave me an opening,g I took it. I took my stakeout of her chest when more kept coming.

" Let us help," I kept hearing inside my mind.

"No," I said out loud.

I quickly attacked as to advance at me at the same time.  They were guardians in their past life as they knew how to fight, which made it a challenge. As I struggled,t I tried my best not to let the darkness take over because if I did, there was no turning back.  I took one of them out and then took the other one.

"Dimitri, I need to go, I feel more of them are coming," I told him as I took his hand and we started to run.

  It was hard to reach the house without being surrounding by strigoi. I have never seen this massive attack. I knew we would lose guardian as I saw some of them dead on the floor, but they died with honor. 

As we made it to the safe house, all hell broke loose as there was Strigoi waiting.

" you take one side and I the other one," I said before I started staking.

" there so many," I thought to myself as I made my 17th kill.

They just kept coming, which somehow got me angrier.

" Let us help" I kept hearing in my mind over and over.

I didn't even have to say yes when I was suddenly seeing everything red as I let those walls down,  allowing my shadow kiss eyes visible.

Strigoi's started to fall as they were being tormented by a  ghost, which gave Dimitri and I the opportunity to stake them, which we took advantage of and started to stake them. By the time we finish, I nearly counted 45 dead bodies. I quickly notice two of Lissa's guardians, and they opened the front door.

As soon as Lissa saw me, she stopped herself from hugging me ad she saw that I let the darkness take over.

" Rose, you need to calm down," Lissa said.

I try to take deep breaths as I tried to calm down because there was no good if I was angry in this situation.  Thankfully it didn't take as long as I would have expected.

" where's my son?" I asked calmly.

" They haven't made it back yet," Lissa said

" Someone gets me an earpiece now," I said out loud.

Peter handed me one, and I quickly put it on.

"Viktoria,  Nikolai, can you hear me. Report yourself," I said in hopes that they would.

"Rose" I heard Viktoria ' s voice.

" Please tell me you're with my son?" I replied to her.

" We are, we're making our way to you guys. It's hard I have never seen so many Strigoi ' s. We're trying to get caught by a group," I heard her respond.

" where are you guys?" I said

"Were... mom run!!, Nikolai takes them to the rest. I'll hold them off," I heard Viktoria yell.

"Noooooo,  Viktoria, tell me where you're at?" I said back.

There was no respond

" I have to go and find Olena," I said out loud as I walked back to the front door where Eddie stood.

" coast is clear," Eddie said as he opened the door.

" Don't die?" Eddie said.

I nodded at him as I let my shadow kiss eyes back, and Dimitri and I were off. In some sense, I can see them as they come.

" Olena is almost close to you guys," I heard Mason say in my head.

As soon as he said that, I saw Olena running with my son in her arms. As soon as she saw her son, she ran straight into him. Dimitri instantly wrapped his arms around his mother. I quickly checked my son, and he was untouched, thank the heavens.

" We need to take them back," I said.

" Not so fast," I heard someone say behind us.

I quickly took my stakeout and got into defense mode as I knew we were surrounded.

To be continued