Chapter 8

Ashton's P.O.V.

"Sorry." Chris said lowly as she sipped on her drink. "I'm working full-time waiter at this coffee shop. My only day off is Sunday." She explained.

"Oh." I smiled as I leaned over the table and sipped on my drink. Observing her as she text on her phone.

"How is your job?" I asked, putting up a topic as she looked up to me.

"It's nice and I'm loving it. I've always wanted to work as a waitress at a coffee shop. It's one of the things in my bucket list."

"You have a bucket list?" I laughed.

"It's not funny." She pouted. "Yeah, but I made another because I finished the last that I made."

"Oh." I smiled. "I just, I didn't imagined a girl like you having a bucket list. Those things are usually for white girls."

"So you're saying I'm black?" She frowned. "You're such a racist."

She's not black, her skin is some color like it's tanned.

"No, god. I mean for white girls is those who wear short skirts, blond curled hair and puts 5 pound make ups."

Claire suddenly popped in my mind. She's like that when the first time I saw her but now she doesn't seem like that. She's changed.

"Oh, I'm not like that."

"Exactly." I smiled. "So, what's on your bucket list?"

"It's on my phone." She said then showing me a note, all of it was written there.

My Bucket List

1. Go to an amusement park and spend my New Year's Eve there and watch the fireworks.

2. Have an own pet of my own.

3. Eat at McDonalds at 3am or something like that.

4. Get some matching bracelets with someone.

5. Go to some concert.

6. Bleach my hair and try different colors like Michael.

7. Go to some deserted grass field and went to a picnic there.

8. Watch the sun set on top of a hill.

9. Hold a real diamond.

10. Find that special someone that grandmother always tells me and have some happily ever after.

I chuckled as I read it. It's like some little girl's dream and not what I expected. She's really different from any girl I met.

"Sorry if it's kind of stupid." She blushed as she grabbed her phone from me.

"No, actually I think it's kind of cute." I admitted and the blush on her face turned into red. Which made me laugh. She lowered her head in embarrassment.

"So, are you doing anything today?" I asked her then she looked up.

"No, why?"

"We could hang out?" I said but more like asking.