Chapter 16

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ALONG WITH THIS CHAPTER, I'M POSTING THE PROLOGUE OF MY NEW STORY "SHADOW OF DOUBT". IT WON'T START UNTIL I AM HUNDRED PERCENT DONE WITH THIS ONE IN SHAA ALLAH, I'M POSTING THE PROLOGUE JUST TO GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO ADD IT TO YOUR READING LISTS SO THAT YOU WONT MISS AN UPDATE.

ANOTHER WAY TO NOT MISS AN UPDATE IS BY FOLLOWING MY PROFILE. 🥰❤️💯 SHOW ME SOME LOVE PEOPLE, WHILE YOU ARE AT IT, VOTE AND COMMENT TOO. THANKS FOR BEING HERE.

Chapter 16
Salim's POV

"Hey, I just received a credit alert from you?" Labiba peeks from the kitchen to the dining where I'm eating.

A few weeks has passed since our fight and since that heart to heart in the guest room, things have been okay between us but I can tell that Labiba is more on edge around me now more than ever.

"Yes." I answer her and look back to my phone.

"What is it for?" She asks and I fight the urge to roll my eyes. She always gets me to talk.

"It's yours."

"No, it's definitely not mine." She goes back inside the kitchen to do God knows what before coming back to the dining and standing in front of me. "I don't need your money."

"I didn't say you did." I tell her. "But I want you to have it." Who refuses money for heaven's sake?

"Well, I certainly didn't do anything to deserve it." She says and I laugh out loud. She drags a chair out and sit on it, facing me and challenging me.

"Labiba, you don't have a source of income, and that's all thanks to me because you quit your job to take care of Laila." I shrug. "I'm sorry it's even coming a lot later than I wanted." I explain. Honestly, I wanted to start this earlier than now but then I hit a roadblock with the whole financial fiasco we had. But that's now water under the bridge.

"But this is bigger than I make during my job."

"As my wife, you deserve more." I say to her playfully as she narrows her eyes at me. "Okay, how about this? I'll cut it into half whenever you start working again." That gets her thinking because she doesn't say anything for a while.

"So, you don't have financial issues anymore." She says. "Because if you do, I'm not taking this."

"Labiba, the company has never been better." I tell her. "As we speak right now, Ibrahim is trying to secure another huge client and I assure you that it's all good."

"Well then, Alhamdulillah." She smiles as her palms clap her thighs and she gets up. "Just to be clear, I won't spend the money anytime soon, so if you need them back or.."

"I won't ever be needing them back." I nod at her. "Get used to this." As I'm saying this, my phone starts ringing, it's Ibrahim. Sigh. I ask for a one day off but they won't let me be.

"Ibrahim." I try to hide my annoyance as I pick the phone and he laughs.

"I just need a few minutes, I'll come over and get your signature then leave." As he says this, I look up to where Labiba is standing around the cabinet. Unbeknownst to her, it was her name I used to avoid going to work today. When she asked me earlier this morning why I wasn't going to work, I told her they don't need them.

I deserve a day off after working for three weeks straight with only one day off. As the CEO, things got more hectic when we landed some big clients recently and the senior management made sure to include me in everything they do. Don't get me wrong, I love transparency and all but this is actually starting to exhaust me. "That means you're doing the right thing." Daddy had told me a few days ago when I briefed him about how much we have been doing recently.