c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e

As the day comes by, the remaining members of the acapella group are in the studio, having a meeting for the upcoming event.

Ben explains the flow of the following days of rehearsals, who are the other performers, and the list of songs to showcase.

"... So the event is going to be on the eleventh day of February. Any questions?"

The group stared at him in disbelief. "You're kidding right?" Mitch blurted out.

"Did I stutter?" Ben sassed.

Kirstie scoffs "The date is too soon. May I remind you that we haven't performed in a while. Plus! It's on his birthday. Doubling the pressure."

Mitch helds her hand, massaging the back of her palm for comfort. This doesn't change her mood but she appreciates the gesture.

Ben sets his phone down as he clears his throat. "I intentionally set the event on his birthday, to make the show more like a gift for him rather than a random concert being held on a random date. And I certainly don't want to set it on the day of the accident."

All went silent as they looked down to think the process through.

"This is our last, huh?"

All eyes wander at the voice that came from Scott who was fidgeting his thumbs. He glance at the group members individually, letting out a breathy question. "Last show for Pentatonix?"

Ben inhaled deeply. "If you guys wanted to. I mean, ya'll are obviously legends at this point of time. Starting up a trend at such a young age, ..." Scott, Kirstie, and Mitch looks up to him.

The thought of the trio making their own videos just for fun explores through their mind. The embarrassing yet nostalgic memory slowly crept a small smirk across their faces.

"To complete the group, having to fly across the country in order to fetch the member that we discover through youtube ..." Kevin chuckles at the thought.

He remembers it very clearly how in that moment of time, he was trending on social media because of his cello-boxing madness. Because of that, he's a part of the most renowned acapella group.

"Throughout the years, you guys experienced a member leaving the group, then allowing a fan to fill the space ..."

They felt the wave of dissapointment when they thought of Avi and Matt. The group looked down in shame.

"But ya'll are still able to win six grammies in your career years! ..." He happily points out the trophies displayed on the wall.

The four glances up at the trophies. They frowned and just shrugs.

Ben notices the mood. Pursing his lips, he took a deep breath.

"... And I think it's okay for you all to settle down."

×

Vote and Comment ❣
- Jasmine