c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n

Mitch leans on his balcony, inhaling another stick of cigarette. Puffing a cloud of smoke as his eyes wander at the outside world.

"Mitchy?"

He hesitated before turning around. Seeing his former manager, he smirked while licking his teeth. He went to embrace the woman.

She lifts up her palm, eyeing the stick on his fingers. He mumbles a 'sorry' as he press the stick at a pot to distinguish the smoke, leaving it there.

He grabs a minted gum in a container on the coffee table. Chewing it, he looks at Esther with his arms wide open. "Can I have a hug now?"

She rolled her eyes playfully, bear hugging the slender man, slightly lifting him up.

Esther giggles as he puts him down. "How are you, Mitchy?" She asked making eye contact, her arms still around his hips.

He stared at her for a moment. "For now? I'm okay." He stated with his treble-y voice.

He pulls away from Esther's embrace, guiding her to the couch. She sat down as Mitch turned around and went to the kitchen to make her some tea.

"So what brings you here, girl? You know damn well that you're the only person I talked to in these past ... Few months ..." He cleared his throat as he continues.

"... I mean, I'm not expecting anyone to pay a visit but this is a great change of pace. You kno–"

He cuts his own statement when he turned around. The mug slips through his hand, shattering it to pieces. His eyes are wide open at the sight. Goosebumps lingers in his skin.

"Mitch, calm–"

"You've got to be kidding me."

Everything went black.

×

Vote and Comment ❣
- Jasmine