c h a p t e r t w e n t y f o u r

It's the week before the Boston Show. At this point of time, the mental state of each member of the group has improved.

The group is still not allowed to use their accounts for obvious reasoning. So, Esther is in charge of announcing the event through social media.

The group is taking a break from rehearsals. They're on the wooden, shiny floor of the dance studio chatting about the things they'll do after the event.

"Oh, God."

Their heads turned towards Esther  who has a sad expression on her face, she's looking at her phone.

"What is it, Es?" Scott politely asked, with a concerned face to their manager.

She hesitated before taking a large gulp, she cleared her throat. "Someone tweeted a video of the accident."

The four all looked down feeling the sorrow of the thought.

Of course someone will post a video of it.

Mitch rested his head on Scott's shoulder, taking a deep sad sigh before mumbling something out. "I will never perform that song again."

Scott caress his cheekbones with his thumb, he offered a hand on Kirstie who gladly took it, squeezing it.

She sadly pursed her lips then looks up at Kevin, his hands clutching on the microphone stand, looking down.

Avi went to her sister who's still staring at her phone. "I need to see the video." He stated while bending down into a squat position, leveling Esther.

She looks up to him and furrowed her eyebrows. "You haven't seen it?"

Avi shakes his head. He pulls out a chair next to her and sat on it. Esther handed him the phone, viewing the video on it. It was from a fan so the quality is very blurry and shaky.

They were performing 'Can't Sleep Love'. It's in the middle of Mitch's rap solo. Matt is at the far right side of the stage, his eyes were already furrowed directly staring at the middle part of the audience while he was doing his bass part.

"Come set me on fire. You gotta be the man of my desire ..."

Matt gently yet secretly pulls Kirstie onto the right side.

"That's not the choreo." Esther quietly pointed out Matt's 'mistake'.

Avi nodded, knowing full well that the young man is aware of the situation.

Kirstie is very professional of it and followed his lead but eyeing him suspiciously, still being able to sing their parts.  He twirls her around and she played with it. The crowd was going nuts, chanting the word 'Katt' over and over again.

He then switches places with her, leaving Kirstie at the far right side of the stage.

Mitch was oblivous of the situation as he was feeling the song. " My sweet love ..."

At that moment, Matt rushes towards Mitch before he finishes his high note, he embraced him tightly, attempting to push him and Mitch on the ground but it was too late.

He took the three loud bullet shots on his back. The crowd cried out in shock, ducking their heads for protection, same as the person who took the video. People were screaming inaudibly, but mostly hearing Matt's name. The video ended.

Avi's whole body is quivering in disturbance, staring blankly at the phone, still in full shock.

"He just casually protected Kirstie and saved Mitch. Just like that." He quietly said.

"Just like that." Esther repeated. She bit her lips, taking the phone away, and rubs his brother's back as a sign of reassurance. "Is not your fault. You know that right?"

"I know that. It's just the fact that I'm the one who caused this to happen. With me leaving Pentatonix and all." Avi shrugs.

"Don't ever guilt yourself to this. It will never be your fault. Some people are crazy to shoot people dead." Esther softly said.

Avi nodded, looking down he shows his toothy grin. "He's a brave lad."

Esther agreed and smiled. "The guy who shot him got arrested, I took care of the case." She stated seriously. She received a 'That's good' from his brother.

"I heard from Ben that you're the one who's handling the trio in a year. You're the only one who communicates with them. Why though?" Avi questions, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because their therapist trusts me. He said that I'm the one who's with them since that accident happened and they fully recommended me. I accepted it. And since Kevin has a wife, I'm the one who's in charge with the rest. Even though it's through texts and calls only." She explains.

"They haven't gone to his funeral?"

Esther sadly shakes her head, staring blankly at the ground. "Me and Ben are the only ones who attended. Matt's fam completely understands though. It's just ... The guilt of it all."

Avi places his hand on her thigh and pats it. He glanced up and smirks at the four who's laughing at their own fantasies.

I hope that everything's going to be okay.

×

Hey! Don't be afraid to comment something out, I love seeing your opinions. Also, don't forget to vote. So I'll know if this story would be a flop or nah LMAO! Stay safe everyone ❣

- Jasmine