Chapter 2: Sheogorath Considers Adoption

It had been three days since someone had /kill the entire family of the two sisters. They were heartbroken, and because they weren't legal adults yet, they had to be thrown into an adoption center, along with the dog.

They sat, looking at the floor, depressed out of their minds. Even the dog stared at the floor, too sad to chew on a bone. The only thing they could bring was a few bags full of clothes and a few items, so they were also hella bored. "Yo, do you think we'll be adopted by the same person? Or will we be separated?" Cassy asked, too oblivious to the fact that was not a good question to ask.

Elaina glared at her, and Cassy got very confused. We should also point out Cassy can't really figure out what is inappropriate to say and when, mainly because she is Autistic. And that isn't even a joke.

They sat for a few more minutes, being more sad than normal, before someone busted through the adoption center door.

Their heads snapped up, curious and a bit worried about who would walk in and just straight up nearly break the door.

Just who it happened to be surprised them, to say the least.

A man with a grey beard and even grayer hair was the one who entered. He was wearing an intricately designed purple outfit laced with gold and hints of green. He seemed to give an air of madness, and a bit of danger as well. However, the most bizarre part about him was his eyes. They were golden and slit like a feline's.

He looked around at the few people in the room. Other than the sisters and their dog, there was an attendant lady and a kid who had done pretty much nothing but play Fortnite on his phone the whole time they had been there.

That was probably the reason he had been there for so long.

Be safe, don't play Fortnite all day, kids.

"Oh! Look! A doggie!" the man yelled out in an Scottish accent, and made a beeline for Groot. "D'aww!" he exclaimed and pet him.

Groot was pretty friendly and gladly allowed this bizarre man to pet him. "I want these children!" he announced.

"Um, sir, that isn't really how it works..." the lady at the desk said.

He got up and walked over to the desk. "I thought it did... oh. Well, then... alright, how does it work?" he asked.

"Well, you can't just boldly announce they're yours, for one," she said.

"Reeeeally? I can't? Who told you? The Emperor? A talking tree? No, don't tell me, I'd rather not know. This is a fun game!"

"Sir, it is the law," she said, a bit frightened.

"Hmm. Well, check the law again. It might have changed. Maybe it didn't? Maybe it changed for me? Or was it another Daedric Prince? Well, check," he said, filled with vigor and zest.

"Well, could you give me your name?" she asked.

He let out a little growl and exclaimed, "Sheogorath! Daedric Prince of Madness!"

"Oh no," was all she said, and she typed something into a computer.

Elaina and Cassy stared at each other in worriment. "Sheogorath?!" Elaina whispered to Cassy.

"By the Nine, this isn't looking up for us," Cassy mumbled in return.

"Well," the lady said with way more than a hint of regret, "it says here that, I quote, 'Sheogorath is allowed to do as he pleases as long as it does not interfere with, well, the planet itself.'"

"So I can keep them?" he asked.

"Well, you do have to sign some papers first..."

"Papers? Sign papers? I guess I can do that. Oh, I'll just sign it with the blood I always carry with me. Hah! Never know when it comes in handy, don'tcha?" he exclaimed with hints of malice.

Cassy winced. "Oh god. Oh god," Elaina said.

The two were mentally panicking. Cassy thought, What if I have to sign something with blood too?

After this Sheogorath was finished signing the papers, he went over to the two children and said, "Okay, now I need you two to sign."

Cassy and Elaina glanced at each other. "Yolo," was all Cassy said, being hooked on dead trends, and grabbed the pen.