Chapter 6: The Party

"Why is there an alcoholic drink right here?" Cassy cried in an outrage.

"Because they taste good," Elaina said, and Cassy looked at her in horror.

"Jesus Christ, I was just kidding. I don't know. Maybe it's Sheogorath's," Elaina reasoned.

Just at that moment, Sheogorath bust into the room because he has very little idea that doors actually have handles and just chooses to break them down whenever he enters (costing quite a fortune) and exclaimed, "That's mine! But you can have it, there will be more tonight!"

Cassy looked horrified, hating alcohol. "More?!"

"Yes, we are having a party here tonight!"

Cassy looked now horrified mixed with endless fear. "PeOpLe!" she cried out in that order.

"Yes... well, no. I invited some of the other Daedric Princes. Actually, I invited them all, but only two wanted to come."

"And they are?" Elaina asked.

"The grapefruit lord and Corndog man!" Sheogorath practically screamed.

"Awesome! I've always wanted to meet the Corndog Man!" Elaina said with enthusiasm and plenty of sarcasm to boot.

Cassy just stared into space. "Sounds nice, but I have... uh..."

She tried to think of an excuse to get out of socializing because she hated it. "Oh! I need to do Fortnite Dance class homework and listen to 1 hour of Celtic Battle Music!"

Sheogorath sighed and said, "Alright. But if you finish it, you're always welcome to join the party!"

"Uh-huh," was all she said, and she Naruto-ran out of there, not ready to meet whoever the hell the Corndog Man was.

"Such a shame she couldn't join us," Sheogorath sighed, "but schoolwork is schoolwork, and I'd rather not get in the way of that."

Elaina knew that it was just a trick to get out of socializing, but she let it slide. No use forcing someone to do something they never liked doing anyway. "So... is there anything I need to do to help you out?" she asked Sheogorath.

"Hmm..." he said, staring off into space for a few minutes.

Elaina just stood there awkwardly. She waved a hand in his face and he shook his head. "Whoa! I got lost there for a wee moment! Thinking about what bones look like without their owners."

"Wow, sounds really cool and great, but I asked you a question," she said.

"Oh, yeah! There are a few things you can do to help. Here, I'll show you," he said.

Elaina had helped Sheogorath prepare for whatever party, really curious about who the Corndog Man really was. If he was a living corndog, she would lose her shit and then tell Cassy so Cassy, being kind of dumb, would eat him alive. Chances are, though, it was just Sheo's weird ramblings and unique nicknames he gave to everyone.

"Oh! Look! The first guest... along with other guests... I guess that's okay, though. Always nice to have lots of company!" Sheogorath exclaimed.

Elaina looked out of the window, hoping it was a living corndog. Much to her disappointment, she did not find a living corndog. Instead, it was... a demon?

Sheogorath broke down the door to let in whoever it was. Elaina watched with curiosity as this black demon with red paint on his face for some reason waltzed in as if he owned the place. He was wearing what almost looked like a bathrobe. He might have already been drunk the moment he arrived, but Elaina hoped not.