| 3 | Sunstroke

You were talking with Jacqui and Carl when Amy and Andrea showed up with lines of fish they caught.

You: God damn! Since when did we recruit Captain Long John Silver?

Amy chuckled at your remark.

Morales: Ladies....because of you my children will eat tonight. Thank you.

Andrea: Thank Dale, it was his gear and canoe.

Lori: Where did you girls learn to do that?

Amy: Our dad.

Carl: Can you teach me?

Amy: Sure. I'll teach you all about nail knots and stuff.

Amy looks at Lori.

Amy: If that's okay?

Lori: You won't catch me arguing.

You tap Carl's shoulder.

You: Maybe you and I can go see who can catch the most?

Carl: You know how to fish?

You: I've been fishing a couple times....my uncle used to take me.

Clementine overhears the conversation and walks up to the both of you.

Clementine: My dad used to take me boating out in Savannah. I know a few things too.

Andrea: At this point we might as well be having fish everyday.

Dale started walking up to the camp.

Andrea: Hey, Dale? When's the last time you oiled those line reels? They are a disgrace.

Dale looked upset.

Dale: I, uh....I don't want to alarm anyone, but we may have a bit of a problem.

Dale then looked back and pointed over the hill, where we saw a fatigued Jim shoveling into dirt.

••

Most of the group took the trek up the hill to meet with Jim. He was still shoveling into the earth.

Shane: Hey, Jim. Why don't you hold up for a bit? Just give me a second here, please.

Jim stopped shoveling.

Jim: What do you want?

Morales tells Jim that he's been shoveling for hours. Shane asks him why he's shoveling, in which Jim tells them not to worry.

Dale: It's 100 degrees today. You can't keep this up.

Jim: Sure I can. Watch me.

Lori walks closer to Jim.

Lori: Look, nobody is going to say it so I will. You're scaring people. You're scaring my son and Carol's daughter.

Jim: They got nothing to be scared about. I mean, what the hell people? Why don't you just go on back to camp?

Shane tells Jim to take a break and even offers to help him dig later. Ultimately, Shane asks for Jim's shovel and even threatens to take it from him.

Jim: If I don't then what? You're gonna sic your boy Y/N at me and have him beat me? Like he did Ed Peletier?

You hear what Jim said about you.

You: Jim....come on, man.

Shane: That was different, Jim.

Amy: You weren't there. Ed was out of control! He was beating his wife!