| 36 | - Bloodlines

Alvin had brought the idea of making a small supply run after the attack. He didn't want to go back to the Oasis empty handed.

You stopped by an auto parts store. Most of it was already picked clean, but you grabbed what you could.

You stumbled upon a sports car magazine. You opened it.

Wyatt: See anything you like in there?

You: Too rich for my blood. I was okay with my mom's Honda Civic.

You continue to flip pages, and remember your uncle.

You: My uncle had this nice Mustang. Whenever I'd visit him in Virginia, we'd always go riding around town in it.

You smile, remembering your uncle. He was probably the closest thing to a father you had. He was your mom's brother, but lived three states away.

He knew about your stepfather's abuse. He even fought him once. But out of guilt, your mom told him to stop and not get involved. That's one thing you wished your mom didn't do.

Clementine: My dad was about to get me a car.

Clementine's sudden arrival snapped you out of your thoughts.

Clementine: Don't know what he would've gotten me, but I was okay with a car in general.

You: Knowing your spoiled self, he would've gotten you a Maserati.

She chuckles.

Clementine: Shut up.

You put the magazine down, and see Lee finishing packing up some things he got.

Lee: Looks like we got what was left.

Russell: We got some parts....in case one of our trucks back home need a tune up.

You nod.

You: Let's get going then.

••

Wyatt continued driving down the road back to the Oasis. You were conversing with Omid and Lee when he suddenly stopped.

Wyatt: What the hell?

You started going up to the front of the van.

You: What is it?

You both look out the window, and see a stack of logs blocking the road.

Alvin: This wasn't here before.

You rub your chin.

You: Take a left down Nightside Drive here.

Wyatt nods, and continues on.

That street was free, and for a moment you were relieved to find a way out. You all continued down Westphalia Road, until you reached yet another obstacle.

This time, cars blocked the road. Several men were in front of them, standing and looking at you.

Clementine: What the hell is this?

Russell: Should we open fire?

You: No. We don't know how many people they have. They could be in the trees waiting.

You look through the window, and see another street going down a neighborhood.

You: Go down here.

Wyatt follows orders once again, and goes down Valley Forest Drive.

Halfway down the road, you notice a sign that indicates it's not a through street.

You: Fuck....

Suddenly, you stumble upon another barricade.

Omid looks out his window.

Omid: Guys....

You look at what he's looking at, and see several men coming out of the abandoned houses. You turn around, and see more men on the other side of the street as well. They all have weapons.

They begin whistling.

Russell cocks his rifle.

You: No....put it down.

Russell looks at you, then obliges.

One man steps out from the line of men, and walks up to your van. He has a receding hairline and a handlebar mustache. He knocks at your door.

???: Get out from there. We need to talk. Or else, these fine men will rain hell upon your van.

Wyatt looks at you, and so does the rest of the group. You had no other choice, you were surrounded.

You: We have to go out.

You open the door, and Clementine follows close behind. The rest of the group does too.

The man faces you, chewing a piece of gum.

One of his men finishes looking through your van.

???: Everybody seems to be out, Simon.

Simon begins counting how many of you are there.

Simon: Seven people. That's all it took to take down the unit in Upper Marbolo?

He chuckled, and went closer to you.

Simon: You made a grave mistake, kid.

Simon began walking back, giving a look to his men and then back at your group.

You: Who are you people?

Simon puts his hands on his waist.

Simon: We're the Saviors.

Lee: What is this? What do you want?

Simon: What we want isn't up to me. That's up to the big man himself. He'll be here soon.

Another vehicle starts coming down the road.

Simon: Would you look at that....he's early.

The car parks nearby, and two men leave the vehicle first. Then, the main man comes out from the passengers' seat.

From afar, you can see him wearing a leather jacket and brown cargo pants. He also has a red scarf within his collar. He reaches inside the car, and brings out a barbed wire bat.

He starts walking closer, at that point you look down. You start to wonder what these Saviors were going to do. This was the group Carver talked about.

???: What do we have here, Simon?

Simon: The folks that killed the unit up near Brown Station Road.

The man looks at each of your friends, and then reaches you. You still have your head down.

???: Come on, you afraid to look at me or something?

You weren't afraid. Just like you did Carver, you were going to look him straight in the eye.

You look up, and see him.

Oh my god.

The man looks at you too, with the same expression you have. In his case, he tries to hide his shock.

???: ....Y/N? What the hell....

You can't even get words out. It was Negan.

Your uncle.