Chapter 14

Jae Rin's pov

"TAEHYUNG!"

"Whoa! You are gonna make me deaf if you scream like that" Taehyung said from the other side of the call.

"I want to meet you! Now!" I yelled through the phone clutched in my hand.

"You really miss me that much already princess?" I could almost feel his smirk from the other side.

"Oh shut up! I found something about your mother." I said.

He went silent for awhile and then answered "I'll meet you tomorrow morning. I'll send a driver to your home to pick you up."

"Alright then, I'll tell my mom that something came up and that I must visit the KIM's company tomorrow." I said, hearing a "Alright then, see you tomorrow" from the other side before the call ended.
.
.
.
.
"What? Tomorrow? But you came home just a few days ago! This is supposed to be your break!" my mom huffed in frustration after I told her about the visit to the KIM's company.

"Don't worry mom. I'm just visiting the company to sort out something." I said, hugging her, which she returned by hugging me back "Okay sweetie".

The next morning his driver arrived right on time. I bid goodbye to my mom and reached Taehyung's home.

It has only been a few days that I left this building, but it still doesn't fail to make my jaw drop. "Good morning miss. Young master is waiting for you inside." I smiled seeing Mr. Yoon greeting me. He never calls me by my name, even if I insisted him to.

"Sure, Mr. Yoon. Please lead the way." I said and followed Mr. Yoon inside. He lead me to a different room now. He opened the door and bowed the other side saying "Young master, she is here". "Thank you Mr. Yoon" a very familiar deep voice answered from the other side.

I returned the bow Mr. Yoon gave me and stepped inside the room to be filled with awe yet again. It seemed like a regular office. Except it's not. Elegant decorations lining the shelves with a huge table set in the middle of the room is definitely not a feature of a normal office. Two sofas sat on either side of a small table, where Taehyung sat in one of the sofa, holding something that looked like a chain.

"Hey Jae Rin. So what is it that you wanted to tell me about?" he said, a bitter tone coating his voice. He still hasn't recovered from his traumas it seems.

"I found a picture in my father's office Taehyung. Your mother was a journalist, right?" I asked, taking him off guard.

"H-how do you know that?" he asked, looking utterly surprised.

I handed him the picture I found in my father's office. The one with my dad and his mother.

"My father was also a journalist. Seems like your mom and my dad were colleagues." I said, beckoning towards the photograph, now held by Taehyung.

"Was?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, he died in a car accident when I was in highschool" I said. "Oh I'm sorry" he apologised. "Hey, it's not your fault" I said and offered a small smile.

He looked closely at the photograph and suddenly exclaimed, wide eyed "Wait! I have seen him before!". "My father?" I asked, shocked myself. "Yeah, he visited me a few days after my mother's funeral and asked for...... something." Taehyung thought for a while and looked at me with a frown on his face. "What?" I asked, curiosity taking over me. "An oxford dictionary" he finished.

"Do you really remember properly Taehyung? He already has oxford dictionary filling a whole rack in his office. Why would he borrow a dictionary from you when he can afford it himself?" I frowned. "I'm sure about it. I remember searching for what seemed like years to find the dictionary. But you know what the wierdest thing is? The dictionary was in my backpack. And I really don't take dictionaries to school" he said.

My eyes widened. "It really is not like my father to borrow stuff. I must go back home and search for the dictionary. I'll find it and get back to you." I said getting up and walking towards the door.

"I'll inform the driver to wait outside your home. Once you find it, come back immediately" he said. I nodded and left, running towards the main entrance to see the driver waiting for me.

The car drove me towards my home. "Wha-" I cut off my mom saying "Sorry ma I forgot some important documents here" and headed upstairs, reaching my father's room.

I switched on the light and saw the whole shelf of books lining a wall. This is gonna be a long day. I said as I stepped closer to the shelves. Dictionaries were lined up perfectly in one row. I started taking out each one of them and opened it, only to be dissapointed to see that it is a normal dictionary. This continued for about fifteen times till all the dictionaries were checked.

I stood up and stretched after bending down for too long. Every dictionary here is a normal one. Maybe dad just went to really borrow it. I turned to leave the room but stopped as something caught my eye. An oxford dictionary, in the wrong row. I stood on my toes and reached up to take the one misplaced dictionary on the top shelf.

I dusted it down. It seems lighter than the others dictionaries I found. The dictionary slipped from my hands and fell to the ground with a thud. "Shit" I exclaimed.

"Sweetie is everything alright up there?" I heard mom from downstairs. "Yes mom, everything's fine" I said, cursing myself as I bent down to pick up the dictionary.

The book opened as I picked it up to be faced with......... not pages like a normal dictionary.

But a metallic safe with a number lock.

A/n

Thank you sooo much for reading this story! I love you guys!!

Please vote and comment so that I can figure out what you think about this story!!

BORAHAE!!💜💜