Chapter 19

Yoongi's side (not his pov)

"You wanna look over our old boss's stuff?" Jeong Hoon asked the man sitting in front of him.

"Yeah, I must find him. Gotta ask him about something." Yoongi looked at him. "You ever heard of Jo-Pok?"

Yoongi's question took Jeong Hoon by surprise "Jo-Pok? The legendary mafia group? I heard it is no more. Their leader also went missing."

"Mmhmm, I remember you joining Kkangpae (Yoongi's group) after we became the ones ruling the underworld. It's no surprise that you don't know much about Jo-Pok." Yoongi said, nodding his head.

"Then I'll get going. I'll tell someone to bring the stuff you need." Jeong Hoon bowed, leaving the room.

After a while, a knock was heard at the door to reveal a guy carrying a huge box in his hand. He had dark brown curly hair that made him look like a little boy contrasting his manly features. He lowered the boxes in Yoongi's desk.

"That's a unique tattoo you got there" Yoongi said, noticing a tattoo looking like the scales of some reptile peaking out of his sleeve. "Thanks boss." he said in a hoarse voice, rolling down his sleve, covering the tattoo completely.

"I've never seen you around much. You're new?" Yoongi asked, taking a better look at his face. "Yeah, the name is Hyun-woo. I just entered Kkangpae recently." he said offering a small smile.

"Oh a new recruit." Yoongi nodded "You can get going now then" he said with an expressionless face.

Hyun woo bowed and left the room, turning back once and stared at the boxes kept on the desk.

"Where are you father?" Yoongi mumbled as he emptied the contents of the box, going through all of the information. But nothing was out of usual. Papers listing old dealings and their dealers written in codewords that only the very important members of Kkangpae knew. No one else might decode it making them safe from police.

He moved all the papers when a very odd framed painting caught his attention. This looks like a kid's painting. He took a close look at the painting consisting of three figures, a male, a female and a kid, standing on the beach. A description was added at an end in a very illegible writing. Let's go to Jeju~

A very old memory flashed across Yoongi's mind.

"Hey little guy" a man in his forties sat next to him in the chair kept in the park. "Who are you? I don't have any money. Go away or I'm gonna break your kneecaps" Yoongi said, putting up his most intimidating look. The man chuckled "Stop acting brave, kid. You ran away from your home right?" Yoongi looked at him, shocked "How do you know that?"

"It's obvious. It's way past curfew for you to be alone in this park." the man said. Yoongi sighed and relaxed himself. Something about this man made him feel like home. "Then why are you here at this hour?" Yoongi asked. "Hmm I just like it when there are no one around" he said. "I'm Kim Yoongi." he said after awhile. (A/n well in this story he is Tae's brother so his surname is gonna be Kim. He becomes Min Yoongi after being adopted by Min Sang Hoon) "I'm Min Sang Hoon, the head of a group named Kkangpae" the man said. "Kkangpae? What's that?" Yoongi asked innocently. "It's a mafia group kid" Sang Hoon said, earning a gasp from Yoongi. "I'm not going to hurt you. You know what? If my boy was alive he would roughly be your age." the man gave a sad smile. Yoongi remained silent, not knowing how to respond to that.

"Wanna come with me?" the man asked suddenly. "Why would you want to take me? I am of no use. I'm just a good-for-nothing boy" he said. "Nah all I see is a very brave kid with a LOT of potential hidden inside a small figure. I would love to have you with me as my own kid. So what do you say? Wanna be my son?"

(flashback ends)

"Jeju Island? That's where you are? Wow you really are easy to find old man" Yoongi chuckled to himself as he kept the painting in his bag.
.
.
.
.
"You found out where our old boss is?" Jeong Hoon asked, his eyes wide. "Yes. Prepare my private flight to Jeju right now. I'll bring my belongings right away. You can stay here and manage until I get back." Yoongi said and went to gather his belongings. Meanwhile the fight was ready in no time and he started his journey to Jeju.

He right away headed to Hado beach, sure that he would be there. But hours passed and the families and couples finished their sunbaths and sand castles, and headed out of the beach. Yoongi sighed, thinking he might have been wrong all along. The sky started to go dark and the closing time was nearing.

Just when he was about to leave he heard a voice. "Come on come on. I want to have some salmon bulgogi tonight". Yoongi headed towards the familiar voice to see an old man sitting near the beach, trying his best to catch fishes.

"Hey old man" Yoongi said in a deep voice making the man flinch. "Whoa Yoongi. What the hell are you doing here? Did you retire already?" Sang-hoon said shocked to see him.

"I came here to ask you something. I won't be staying long." Yoongi said and rolled his eyes. "Alright then wanna join me?" the man said, handing him another fishing pole.

"So what do you wanna know about?" Sang-hoon asked after they settled down, trying to catch some fishes. "Tell me about Jo-Pok and their leader." Yoongi asked. "So you figured it out" the man nodded to himself. Yoongi whipped his head towards him "So you knew everything? You knew it was all because of Jo-Pok that my mom died?"

"Yeah. It was unfair. I kept an eye on your family after that and noticed your family falling apart. I didn't want that but I knew too well that you were not ready to go back so I took you as my son." he said. Yoongi took a deep breath "Drop it. I don't have time to be distrated now. Just tell me about the leader."

"Alright. His name was Yi Suk Chin. I heard he changed his identity now. A very smart kid. Just about ten years older than you. He is not a person to leave the world of mafia that easily. He will come back much more stronger and take over again. You have to be careful. Kkangpae is the one leading now. He will be trying to infiltrate the group from within and take over Kkangpae other than growing his Jo-Pok from nothing. He doesn't know where the evidences collected by your mother is. But when he finds out, he will show his true colors. That's all I can tell you. He might be one of the people in Kkangpae. He can also be the one closest to you, watching your every move." he went silent.

"I'll be leaving then. Ah wait" Yoongi said, knowing that this was all his father would tell him. He reached out into his bag and handed the drawing to Sang Hoon. He took the painting in his hands, speechless, tears brimming on his eyes.

"Goodbye father" Yoongi got up, walking towards the other side.

"Wait" Yoongi turned looking at his father who spoke "They have the image of a snake tattoed on their body"

A/n

Still alive!!!

If you like this story then please please leave a comment or just vote. It will help me a lot to write. I find it difficult to write nowadays feeling too unsure if my story is good or not.

So please if you like this story please don't hesitate to comment or vote.

Borahae army!