Chapter 15

Jae Rin's pov

A book safe? I thought as I examined the dictionary in my hand. I certainly did not expect this. I closed it and rushed towards the car waiting for me, saying bye to my mom on the way.

"Let's get going" I said to the driver, who nodded and started the engine, driving me towards Taehyung's home. I tried putting on any four digit number I could relate to my dad. I entered my birthday date.... no luck. Maybe my father's? No luck again.

Ugh this is so frustrating.... should I just break the lock?

The car suddenly came to a halt. I looked up from the safe and saw that we had reached Taehyung's home. I closed the book and kept it inside my handbag.

Knock knock

I turned to see Taehyung tapping the glass with an expression that said Are you gonna come out or nah?

I opened the door and stepped outside "Let's head inside", I said and we made our way to the office.

"So did you find the book?" Taehyung asked as he closed the office door after him. "Book? More like a fucking safe" I said as I removed the book from my bag and placed it on the table.

He audibly gasped as I opened the book to reveal the safe. "Four digits?" he wondered as he stepped closer. "Yeah, I tried everything I can to open it, but no luck. Do you have any idea about the password? Because your mom was the one who had this book before my dad." I asked.

"Uh no I don-Wait!" His eyes widened as he searched his pockets and brought out a small paper. "Let's try this. I found this in my mother's chain." he said, handing me the paper. I nodded and opened the paper. 5979.

I entered the numbers in the lock and pulled it.

Click

"I-It opened!" I looked at Tae who gave me a thumbs up. I held my breath and opened the safe to reveal a...

pendrive.

"Wait that's it? Just a small pendrive?" I asked annoyed as I held up the red and black pendrive in my hand. "Do you really think they would keep a simple pendrive in a goddamn safe? Give it to me" he said and snatched it from my hand.

"Let's take a look at what it contains." he said and returned to the table where his laptop was placed. He switched it on and plugged in the pendrive.

"It has one video file and a LOT of documents" he said as I pulled out a stool and sat beside him.

"Play the video" I said and edged closer to him to have a better look at the screen.

"Alright" he said and clicked on the video.

"Is this on?" Taehyung's breath hitched as a woman looked at us through the screen "Mom" he whispered.

"Hello, I am Kim Hyun Jae , a reporter from zbc news and this is Lee Yeon Seok, also a reporter from zbc news." she said as a man, my father, stepped inside the room and took a seat near her. She continued "If you are seeing this, that might mean both of us are either dead or captured." she looked at my dad who started to speak "Yeah after all the efforts we made to get the evidences, they might have found out that we won't stop. The documents in this pendrive has all the evidences required to put the leader and the executives of the mafia group Jo-Pok in prison for their whole lifetime. We have been getting warnings from the mafia for a long time. They had threatened to kill us and even our families if we didn't hand over the evidences we had found, to them." he stopped and looked at Tae's mom who continued the conversation. "The police are on their side, so we couldn't do anything with just mere complaints. We had to find evidences on our own so that they won't have any choice but to put them in behind bars. All the sins they did are unforgivable. They even sold drugs to underage children. Nightclubs are their main business, they kidnaped runaway girls and threaten them to work for them as prostitutes, and if they refuse..... they are raped and killed mercilessly." my eyes widened and I glanced at Tae who mirrored my expression.

"Their biggest sin... is murder" I felt Taehyung's hand clutch mine. "We interviewed a person regarding the group, they had forcibly taken his land and had refused to return it. He gave us the copies of the land documents and told us everything about them threatening him. You know what happened to him at the end? He was found dead... his lifeless body was found in the lake. The forensic report came out as suicide... but we knew better than anyone about what exactly happened. The police would have found the huge amount of footprints outside his home if they investigated! But they didn't, they closed the case as suicide. All of this should stop and you are the one who can do it if you had come this far and found this pendrive! And... Taehyungie if you are watching this.." I felt him stiffen beside me. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry if I am no more by the time you see this. I knew that someday I would meet a tragic end when I started investigating about Jo-Pok. So, don't blame yourself sweetie. Yoongi can be too harsh on you but remember he is so soft inside. I want you to take care of him too." she offered a sad smile. "Jae Rin-ah" my breath stopped as I heard my father's voice "I'm sorry but I too have to do this". Both of them smiled saying "This is reporter Kim Hyun Jae and reporter Lee Yeon Seok signing off."

The video ended with a beep, filling the room with a painful silence. My hands were still intertwinned with those of Taehyung. I felt something warm drip down my hand and turned to see tears escaping Taehyung's eyes and fall on our hands. I gripped his hand harder, unable to find my voice to console him. He turned towards me and brought his other hand forward towards my face and wiped out the tears flowing down my face.

Unable to hold it in anymore I leaned towards him and buried my face in his shirt, and felt his chin press against my shoulder blade.

A/n

In the soop is coming omg! The trailer itself is so beautiful! can't wait!!

Remember this is just a fictional story!

And yeah for everyone who is reading this THANK YOU SOO MUCH! I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!

pls don't mind the typos and grammer mistakes!

And as I said there is a LOT more in this story than just romance!

BORAHAE ARMY!!💜💜