One

"Harry, are you coming?" Harry's mum called up to her son. His breath hitched in his throat, and he took one last look at himself in the mirror, shaking his curls once more and sweeping them to the side in attempt to tame them. It didn't do much, so he gave up and bit his lip, holding his sleeves down farther. His wrists stung immensely, and he wanted so badly to just rip the bandages off and collapse against the wall.

"M'comin," he muttered to himself with a sigh, picking up his bag and slinging it around his shoulders. He shut his eyes tight, shaking his thoughts away before making his way down the stairs. Counting each step on his way down and skipping the bottom step just as he always did, rounding the corner and to the front door.

"Aren't you going to eat, love?" his mum asked him, showing up out of nowhere.

"M'not hungry," he answered quietly, smiling slightly at his mum before walking out the doorway, closing the door behind him. He began walking at an even pace, moving straight ahead and skipping over the cracks, keeping his eyes down on the pavement under his feet.

"One more day, Harry," he whispered, sighing and nodding to himself. He was glad that he would finally be able to hopefully get away from the horrors of his school and move into a hopefully friendly one. He didn't notice the buff boy with the shaggy brown hair driving up towards him until he heard the loud honk of the car, causing him to jump a mile high. His hand placed over his heart, and he breathed short breaths with wide eyes.

"It's just me, Harry," his friend, Liam, greeted, a warm smile on his lips. Harry gulped, slightly nodding at his friend. Liam gestured for Harry to get in the car, and Harry obeyed his offer, climbing in next to him, shutting the door softly.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked his friend, driving off to their school.

Harry shrugged, looking out the window, "M'fine," he mumbled, looking down at his lap with his hands folded.

"Alright. I'm just protective over you, you know that," Liam told Harry, and Harry nodded in understanding.

"Yea, it's not like I'm going to kill myself or something," he answered silently, meant only as a joke, and Liam barely caught the words as they flew out of Harry's mouth.

But you should

You should

Harry ignored the voices when Liam spoke, "Harry," Liam warned, "don't kid about that. I know you won't, but still, what you're doing now isn't any better," he told him. Harry rubbed his face, and kept quiet for the rest of the short ride, until they drove up to the school and got out after Liam parked in the lot. Harry sighed as he closed the passenger door. Liam kept Harry by his side, and looked around, making sure the jerks that liked to mess with the boy weren't around.

They got inside and parted ways, Harry nervously going to the area where his locker was and Liam heading towards the other section. Harry turned in his combination with shaky fingers, and grabbed his books from the locker, shuffling off to his advanced maths class as the bell rung.

"Everyone, sit down," the teacher bellowed, shutting the door after the last class member, Harry, rushed into the room. "There is nothing to be done today since you all finished the project early yesterday, so you're free to do other classwork," Harry shuffled in, taking his seat as fast as possible, to avoid being embarrassed in front of the whole class.

Harry placed his books on the corner of his desk in an orderly fashion. He kept his head low in the fiction book as the teacher gave out completed and graded work to keep. Though as this happened, the door suddenly opened, revealing the principal.

Harry looked up from his book, seeing the principal speaking quietly to the teacher. He glanced over to the area he was in, but didn't meet Harry's gaze, for which he was thankful.

Harry suddenly flinched as he felt something hit his back. He gaze at the small piece of crumpled paper that had landed next to him. Harry knew not to, but did it anyway, and picked up the small crumpled note, opening it up and straightening the creases of the small paper, then read the scribbled handwriting.

Guess what has brown hair and sucks dick?

Harry frowned, biting the inside of his cheek, holding back tears as yet another paper hit his head, and landed right on his desk. He reached for it, for the same reason, and unraveled it with shaky fingers.

Harry Styles, that's who.

Harry whimpered silently, screwing his eyes shut as he clasped his hands together, pressing his finger down on one of the red lines on his wrist. He felt the pain slowly shoot through his fingertips and to his wrist, taking away from what he was thinking about.

Quiet laughter filled his ears, and he dared not open his eyes, knowing that the next two papers that hit him were insults as well.

Harry opened his eyes slightly, and the teacher was eyeing the kids behind him. He met Harry's eyes and nodded, so Harry shot up, walking quickly out of the classroom. His shoes clamped against the tiles, and he raced into the bathroom, leaning against the wall as soon as he got inside the small room. His breathing was heavy, and he kept shaking his head, forcing back the anxiety he held and kept the tears in by biting his cheek so hard that he could taste the blood.

Harry looked up, looking at himself in the mirror. He grimaced, seeing his chocolate curls swept to the side, and his flat stomach, where you could almost see his ribs, and the large gap between his legs, even when he closes them together. Though that's not what Harry saw. He saw flabby skin on his arms, fat overlaying on his stomach, and chubby legs that were too long.

Hurt yourself, Harry

Do it

No one cares about you anyway

Open your cuts and bleed

He shut his eyes tight, not wanting to look at his reflection, and his fingers found his newest cut, ripping off the bandage and pressing down hard on the dark mark. Harry whimpered at the pain, tears rolling down his cheeks, though it overtook the pain in his mind, and he pressed down a bit harder, dying to feel the warm trickle of blood breaking through.

"Harry?" he shook his head at the sound of Liam's voice. "Harry, stop! Stop stop stop stop you're hurting yourself!" Liam exclaimed, grabbing the younger boys hands.

"N-No! You don't understand!" Harry cried, sinking lower and lower. "It helps. It helps it helps it helps," he sobbed, collapsing into his knees as he muttered the words.

"Harry, I'm taking you home," Liam ordered, gently picking the petite boy up. Harry didn't react, he just let his friend lift him up and lead him away from the school.