Twenty-nine

Louis sat in his hotel room, occupied by Niall, Ed, and the TV that replayed shows that were foreign to him. Niall went on, rambling about how he swore the greek gods were "watching them".

"That's-" the boy was cut off, seeing his friends name come onto the screen. He answered the call, holding the phone to his ear. "Hey Dani," he spoke, standing from the bed.

"Hey, uhm, I'm at the hospital right now-"

"Are you alright?"

"No, yea I'm fine, it's not me. Don't freak out, but it's Harry. I found him on the way home from school. He had a busted lip and uhm and he couldn't get up on his own and he said he couldn't breathe," she told him, and Louis then felt like it was him that couldn't breathe. He just kept mumbling "oh my god" over and over again, because he could not fathom the thought of his angel being in the hospital again. Especially while he was hours away and unable to go see him.

"He's alright though?" Louis asked, gnawing on his lip when she didn't answer immediately. "Right?" he repeated.

"I-I don't know! The doctor is doing something, but I'm not allowed in," she answered, "he won't die though," she assured.

Louis gulped, leaning his elbows on the drawer, "Did you call his mum? If not then have them call her, they have to have her number in the files," he sighed, running a hand through his messy fringe, "and keep me updated? Please?" he asked.

"Yea, yea, of course," she said, and they hung up.

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

Louis had been a wreck for the following three hours, constantly pacing and worrying, asking his two friends if they thought he was okay, to which they would either shrug or tell him yes to get him to calm the hell down. He finally got a call, Harry's name popping up on the screen.

"Harry! Love, are you alright?" he exclaimed.

A woman's voice replied, "Eh Louis, it's me, Anne," she chuckled.

Louis frowned, "Sorry, is Harry alright?"

"Yes, he's just woken up a couple of minutes ago, but the doctor is in there checking up on him and such. I-I don't know how he got so beat up, but he has bruises on his legs and stomach, a busted lip and a cracked rib. Since he has gotten beat up many times before I guess his rib bones were sensitive or something? I don't know, but it was already bruised so whatever he did caused it to just snap a bit. The doctor explained to me that that was probably why he was having trouble breathing, because the rib was pushing against his lung I think," she told Louis, who closed his eyes in relief, knowing that his boyfriend was okay. "Do you want to talk to him?" she asked.

"Yes! Yes, please!" he replied instantly, and waited a second, hearing shuffling and faint voices before there was someone on the other line.

"Hi Louis," Harry breathed, and the older boy sighed in relief.

"Hi, angel," he responded, "bad timing to leave for Greece huh?" he joked, to which Harry chuckled, much to the pang of pain in his chest. "What happened, love?" he asked, sitting down on the bed, where Ed and Niall were secretly listening in on the conversation.

"I uh, I have a cracked rib and-"

"No, Harry, babe, how did it happen?" he questioned fearfully, hoping that his boyfriend wouldn't close in on him, "you can tell me, please."

The younger boy sighed, "H-He said I c-can't," his voice cracked.

"Zayn," Louis growled, "that ba-"

"I'm sorry," Harry whimpered, and Louis walked out into the hall, knowing that Harry wouldn't cry in front of others and that he must've been alone.

"It's not your fault," Louis told the boy.

"B-But I said I'd try harder f-for you," he sniffled, his voice close to a whisper.

"Yea, but you didn't say you'd try harder not to get hurt by others, you only said that you'd try harder not to hurt yourself-"

"But I did!" the younger boy wailed, "I-I was with L-Liam and I reop-pened o-one of them!" he sobbed, shaking his head. And Louis knew that "them" actually meant one of his cuts. Though Harry didn't like saying his cuts. In his eyes it made him seem even more weak and pathetic than he already thought he was.

"Don't cry, my angel," Louis whispered through the phone, leaning his forehead against the wall, "it makes me want to cry too. And plus, that was better than creating a new mark right?" he asked, and closed his eyes. "Just stay strong until I get back, alright?" Louis begged, a lone tear strolling down his cheek, dropping into his shirt. "I'll be back before you know it and I'll spend so much of my time with you that you'll be begging me to leave," he spoke, and wiped his eye.

"Okay," he whispered, and after saying goodbye they both hung up.

-

Really short I know, but I have something for the next chapter and so on so fuck it

Shits about to get real