Twenty

One week later. Four visits from Louis. Three kisses. Less voices. Twelve full meals. More voices. Three cuts added to his fair skin.

The week that Harry was cooped up in his house was not entirely a good one. He did indeed have actual meals, and the voices let him eat. Though looking in his mirror while changing made the voices mad again. Therefore he got frustrated and sad and depressed, and he added a couple of more cuts to his forearms.

Over this time while he wasn't in school, Louis had found out about when Harry had cut his arms. He wasn't happy with the curly haired boy, but didn't say anything to make him feel worse. He only got him to agree that he would try harder not to harm himself. That was also after those three cuts were added.

"Ready?" Louis grinned, looking at Harry from the drivers seat. Harry sighed heavily, but looked over to the happy boy and nodded.

"Yea," he answered faintly.

Louis tilted his head, "Don't worry, you'll be fine," he assured, leaning forward across the console and catching Harry's lips in a chaste kiss, taking him by surprise.

Make that four kisses, Harry thought to himself. It made him smile, and he shyly kissed Louis' cheek before they both exited the car. They walked past students on their way in, the expressions on their faces reading tiredness and annoyance at the thought of school. Though barely anyone even took a second glance at the two as they continued down the hall.

"See, they don't care. They're not going to judge and make fun of us," Louis told him, and couldn't help but smile. Harry took a deep breath, and nodded slightly. He looked around, and saw Sam down the hall. Though he didn't do anything, and it surprised the boy that he hadn't messed with him at all.

"Hey," Louis murmured, "don't worry about him," he said. Harry just sighed, and looked away.

Both boys were startled when Louis' name was called from down the hall. Turning around, Louis smiled, seeing the obnoxious blonde boy running up to them. "Haven't seen ya in a while, mate! You coming over later?" he questioned, slinging his arm over Louis shoulder.

"Yea, I guess I could, I was gonna hang out with Harry after school, but I can come over after that," he told Niall.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, wondering why Louis didn't just go with his best friend instead of staying with him. He obviously hadn't hung out with him in at least two weeks, he was cooped up with Harry and his problems. So why was he still hanging with him, and still choosing him over his other friends?

Because he feels sorry for you, Harry

The voice spoke up, and Harry's breath got caught in his throat. He had gotten so caught up in not hearing them a lot in a record of two days due to his new medication, that it felt awkward when they returned, even if it was for a split second. Though he knew to ignore the voices, and he shook it off. Louis had made it clear to him that he wasn't just some charity case to him, that he actually did care about him.

"You can just go with him," Harry offered, his voice quiet among the midst of others. Both Louis and Niall turned to look at him, though Niall didn't know better, and brought up a proposition.

"Why don't you bring Harry over too?" he beamed, a friendly glint in his eyes. "That is if you want to, Harry," he smiled, patting Harry's shoulder. He flinched a bit from the contact, though brushed it off.

He saw Louis' encouraging smile, and gave up, "O-Okay," he mumbled, "I have to uh ask first but I'll think about it," he told the energetic boy, who in return cheered and ruffled his curls.

"There we have it!" he chuckled happily, using a suckish announcer voice, "the newest member to the group, Harry...." He trailed off, not knowing Harry's last name.

"Styles," Louis informed.

"Styles! Harry Styles! Newest member of the team! How does that make you feel Hazza boy?" he grinned, pretending to hold a microphone in front of Harrys lips.

Harry stuttered a response, not used to having a friend this loud and out there, "Uhm, n-nervous?" he chuckled lightly, and they continued walking down the hall, Louis' arm draped lazily around Harry's waist, Niall cackling without a care in the world, and Harry actually feeling okay in school for once.

-

Yay Harry's making friends woohoo!!!

10 reads for an update