Sixteen

When Louis left both boys were red faced due to the fact that it was obvious both Anne and the nurse knew they kissed. Even if it was only one kiss.

"Harry, we're going to let you go home in two days, maybe one if the doctor thinks you're steady," the nurse said, smiling nicely at him. Though he didn't fully understand what she meant when saying "steady". He didn't bother to ask though, he didn't want to know.

The nurse explained a few things to Harry's mum: the new pills he would be taking for the voices, the medicine to heal his cuts and bruises, and things involving his diet. Harry though had tuned out before she even started talking, and thought back to the move Louis had made on him. He actually likes me, Harry thought, he actually likes me and doesn't think I'm a freak.

Harry slightly smiled to himself, and looked up at his mum through his eyelashes, "Why can't I just go back home?" he asked quietly, changing the subject. She sighed in response, and sat down next to him on the bed.

"The doctor needs to make sure you start getting better a bit. She doesn't want your eating habits to continue. None of us do. You're a sweet, amazing young man. You're strong too. But the way you haven't eaten anything in a month isn't helping with that or anything. You deserve to be a healthy, strong boy," she explained, placing her hand on top of his slightly cold one.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head to himself as he looked down at his arm. The hospital gown they had him in was short sleeved, and he could see his cuts clearly. He hated it. He didn't want to be able to look at the scars on his skin so he could just scold himself and beat himself up for it later. He wanted to be hidden and stowed away. Unrecognizable in a crowd.

"M'not strong," he mumbled, embarrassedly, "m'not healthy," he added, "m'not amazing or anything else. I'm ugly and m-marked and beat up. I l-look like a tiny twig with b-big curly afro hair. And m' too t-tall. Everyone's sh-shorter then me so I stick out even m-more. M'just w-weak and a loser," he finished, shutting his eyes and going to reach for a cut. Any of them. Finding one he started to press down on it when his hand was pulled away by someone else's, gripping it tightly.

"Don't do that, Harry. That'll open up the cuts," she spoke quietly. He only stared at her, horrified that he was about to hurt himself without knowing in front of his mother. But even more so that he already knew that they would open up, yet she didn't know anything about what he did behind closed doors. He didn't want her to know. She already knew about the cuts. And that he did it only two days ago, which she still was scared about.

Anne let her son's hand down, and settled her hands in her own lap, "So that Louis kid," she started. And Harry thought Oh no, because he didn't want to talk to her about that kind of thing. He mentally rolled his eyes at her while his cheeks disobeyed him and blushed against his will. "Is he a friend?" she asked.

Harry didn't quite know how to respond to her. He had never had a relationship with anyone, boys or girls. Hell, he hadn't even had his first kiss until a couple of hours before. So he didn't know whether to tell her about him and Louis. About how he had a crush on the shorter boy and how he found him fascinating, or whether he should just call them friends.

"He's really nice to me. We're friends," he answered, going for the latter. Though his mum wouldn't take that as an answer.

"Nothing more?"

"No."

"Are you sure?" she pushed, smiling brightly.

Harry cracked, "Alright alright, he kissed me," he told her, blushing furiously with a sheepish grin on his face. Anne was flabbergasted at the smile she was witnessing, and squealed out of delight. She hadn't seen Harry happy in a long time. He was always sad and hard on himself and worrying about everything. She hadn't seen his real big big smile in over a year or so, she guessed. Not even with his best friend Liam. Or at least she wasn't ever there to witness it.

"And you like him?" she asked.

Harry looked down, shrugging, still with the smile, "He's sweet and helps me. A-And he's funny. He cares about me and held my uhm, hand when we passed Sam, the g-guy who bullied me, besides Zayn," he chuckled, "and he likes me," he murmured.

"Oh, Harry," his mum cooed, leaning forward and hugging him gently while he sort of just sat there awkwardly.

"But I-I stutter a lot around him. A lot," he chuckled, taking a deep breath.

Harry was surprised at how the whole situation turned out. Because not only did he find out things like being Anorexic, but he also gained his first kiss, recognized a big crush, and felt the smallest amount of weight on his shoulders get lifted.

-

I feel like this was a bit shorter than I wanted but I felt like ending it there, it felt right. Plus I promised my friend I'd update so... :)