Chapter 9

Bryan Endicott POV

She still looked exactly as I remembered. 
Chocolate brown eyes that made me think of bounty candies and dairy milk treats. 
She looked older...matured..
She looked different..what happened after I left?
"So tell me what brings you back to this God forsaken town? "
I chuckled.  "I would be nicer to talk sitting on a comfy chair relaxed, don't you think? " she looked flushed and embarrassed.
"Where are my manners. Come in, come in.." I could tell she was nervous.  I didn't spend all that time in the agency for nothing just so you know.
Her eyes darted from the kitchen to the stairs. "Wa..s someone here...co I could leave if you need privacy." she shook her head smiling.  "Nonsense. My Mom will never forgive me if I refused to let you in, God bless her soul. " she said solemnly.
"Yeahh, I heard about how she..." she frowned and walked to the kitchen clearly not in the mood to talk about her mom's death. "Right...sorry. How are you? "

That lovely smile returned to her face. "Am fine, things haven't really changed much around here well except for the killer. "
She offered me a glass of juice which I kindly accepted. "Don't worry we'll get to the bottom of this. "
"We? " she cocked an eyebrow sitting down infront of me.
"My brother and I. You remember him right...Kyle? " recognition flashed in her eyes.
"Ohhh...I remember him, he was the one dating that fair girl.." she said. 
"Who? " she looked at me weird. "What? "
"Kyle is your brother and you don't know the girl he dated..Becca. The one with the sassy attitude and all that shit. "
To say I was taken aback would be a very big understatement. "Enough about my brother, tell what you've been up to lately. You know any boyfriend yet? Or a crush....what am I saying you're a girl of course you have a crush so tell me who the lucky person is."
"I don't think I should. " she said placing with her fingers.
"Why? I won't tell and beside I may not even know him. So tell me." she bit her lip. "Nah. Let's shift from that , yes? "
"Sure. "
"So you remember my question about the reason you came back...you're answer was quite vague do expansiate."
"Oh about that? Well Immediately I left, I went to this school where I studied engineering and computers...anything computer am your guy. Then my brother got me this spot at the agency so I've been working there for like...3 years now. Pretty neat right? "
She giggled. "Yep am impressed, good  to know you're enjoying life Endicott.  "
I laughed.  " MY old man's at home. "
"How is he? " I emptied my glass and dropped it on the center table. "He's as strong as a horse. He's okay. " she hummed looking else where that was when I saw the hand print on her neck.
"Who did that? " I asked hoping she'd confide in me but imstead she asked. "Did what? " she was trying to act dumb like she didn't know what I was talking about. "That?!" I answered watching her demeanor. 
"Oh this? " she said nervously rubbing her neck. "Its nothing. "
"Paige...are you in some kind of trouble? Am here for you all you just have to do is talk to me. "
"Why would you think am in any  kind of trouble? " she asked rubbing her laps.

Tough cookie. 

"Paige."
"It's nothing really. Don't worry about it. Where's Lulu and Zachy anyway? "
"They asked me to come instead I don't know why but I don't mind. Do you? "
"No. Should I? "
I shook my head. "Still cocky I see, I like it. "
She scoffed and grabbed the glass heading to the kitchen and I followed. "Do you have a girlfriend? "
I smirked. "Why? You jealous Ellison? "
She laughed as she wiped the glass then dropped it in the rack. "And you are still arrogant. " she said flatly.
"Well that wasn't what you told me the day I was leaving.  " she folded her arms. "I was just emotional and I was still a kid. "
"Keep believing it I said looking around. 
"But its the truth. I was how old...I guess 13 or 14. So you can't hold that against me,it's not like what I said that day meant anything to you because you still left. " she said angrily.
"I'm sorry. " I whispered knowing she deserved to know that I felt bad about what I did.
She smiled softly.  "I know. " making me smile. 

I leaned against the counter and touched her hand.  "Am not ready for that again Bryan. "
I deserved that. 
I might have apologized doesn't mean she forgave me. "Paige..."
She withdrew her hand from underneath mine.
"I think it's time for you to leave.  "
"Ok. I'll leave but when you're ready to become matured enough to hear me out, You let me know. " I said walking away.
I opened the door and expected her to say something.  To ask me to explain myself but she didn't so I banged the door behind me not even bothering to know if it closed. I just entered my car and drove off.

Bryan works at an agency...impressive.😊😙😎😎😎
When I think of this Bryan Endicott character...I think of.      😘😘😘😘JESSE 😘😘😘  from HUDSON AND REX but then I remember Bryan is blonde and Jesse is more of a chestbrown then I become sad. 😒😒😒

Why do you think Paige reacted that way to a situation that was friendly and teasing like with no sense of insult attached to it ?🙎
What could their history have been?
Lulu did say he looked at her in Elementary but could it be that they knew each other way back?
Continue to find on Brand new chapters of ...

THE KILLER WITHIN....🔪🔪🔪🎭🎭🎭

New and exclusive to Wattpad.

#Chelsea #