Chapter 21

Bryan

I got out of my car and immediately went to the crime scene....well mostly suicidal scene.
There wasn't much to be found or much we could have done because the poor kid was already dead.
"What's the detail on the kid?"
"Frank Hemmings...age, 17. He's very good in almost all his subjects. He comes from a respectable home and keeps to himself most of the time. "

I rubbed my chin. "If he was rich then this has nothing to do with money...and it couldn't possibly be related with the Blossom Valley killer. "

"Why would he jump from a four storey building?" Anthony ask.
Anthony is the coroner assigned to this case and he's also a friend of the family.

"I don't know Tony but it had to be really important. Is Kyle here yet?"

Anthony shook his head and sighed.
"No he's  not here yet, this Blossom Valley killer case is really tiring. I need a break. "

I patted his back then smiled. "That's why we have to work hard and get to the bottom of this fast. "

"Yeah, you're right. "
He tucked his pen behind his ear then walked away.

I was going to get to the bottom of this even if its the last thing I do in this life.
Blossom Valley used to be the eye candy of the whole southwestern coast.
It was always lively and active...we had festival, competitions and all the lot.

Everything changed when some lunatic thought it fun to start killing the people of this town.
How many people have died for his sadistic pleasure?
How many need to die for him to grow a conscience and reconsider?

"Hey there cow boy. " I turned around and saw Lulu.
"Hi, shouldn't you be in class?" She shook her head.
"I'm done for the day. I was even heading home when I saw you, so i thought I'd come say hi. "
She bit her lips nervously shifting from one leg to the other.
"Do you..." she glanced shyly at me. "Do you want to have ice cream with me?"
I smiled then held her hand. "Sure, I'd love..."
I had every right to be angry right now.
Paige was standing there with some guy. He looked about Kyle's age or something. "Bryan?"
"Who is that?" I asked pointing at their direction.
"Oh. Thats Mr Johnson. He's there with Paige. "
I glanced at her. "You don't seem to surprised. "
She shrugged. "She has a crush on him or something like that. Looks like she's making her move...or something. "
I balled my fist behind my back and glared at them.

I already have someone...

We are getting pretty serious...

I love him....

Damn it all to hell!

Was it him she was talking about that day?
Maybe he was.
"Are we still going?"
I sighed then shook my head. "Am sorry  Lulu but I can't....I have something to do today, alright?"
She frowned then shoved me and continued walking.

I know it was unfair of me but I could care less if she was sad or not.
All I cared about right now was understanding how it was possible for Paige to choose...that guy over me.

Throughout my eyes kept glancing at them.
Then I saw them embraced or kiss am not sure but it was still painful to watch.
Then they separated and she walked ahead to the parking lot.
I wanted to follow but I was too much of a coward to grow the balls to face her.
"Hey Bryan!"
I turned around and saw Tony. "Woah. You don't look so good. Is everything alright?"
I nodded. "Yes...am just tired that's all. "
Tony smiled then played with his fingers. "You should go home and rest. You'll see that when you get home  you'll be refreshed and less cranky tomorrow. "

Except that wasn't what happened when I woke up the next morning.
I was crankier. Reason being that I woke up with a bad hang over and very much naked.

I looked around and realized that this wasn't my room.
I sat upright then heard a soft groan from my side.
"Where are you going ?"
"Shit!"
I looked under the covers and sure enough I was naked still.
"This can't be....how did this happen?" I said asking no one in particular.
"Chill. It was just sex. "
I looked at her like she was crazy. "No it wasn't! How did I get here?"
She scoffed then stared at the ceiling. "You came to be on your own....you came at me..touching me and stuff. "
I ran a hand through my hair.

"You should have stopped me. "
She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Was I that repulsive that you had to take alcohol to touch me...then you wake up and treat me like am some cheap girl you picked from the street. "

"Don't say this like that. You know I don't feel anything for you that way. I told you blankly that the only person  that I love is..."

"Yes!I get it! You love Paige and you'd do anything for her but does she feel the same? No she doesn't! I love you...I am willing to do anything for you...just like I did yesterday. "

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't matter Bryan. You should leave. "
I didn't argue with her.
I simply dressed then grabbed my car keys from her desk and walked out the door to my car.
I was angry with her...with myself...with Paige.
I was angry at life for all its wickedness and stuff.

Although it was unfair of me to treat Lulu that way, she had no right taking advantage of me like that.
She should have been matured enough to help me sober up or let me sleep not getting into my pants the first chance she got.
I didn't even use a damned condom!
"Damn it!" I said hitting my steering wheel.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and called the only person I could confined in.
At the second ring he picked.
"Hello?" His deep voice said.

"Hey Kyle. I...I did something bad. Very bad...kyle...I messed up. "

I don't blame the poor girl.
But it was wrong never the less.

Dont forget to vote and comment.

#Chelsea