Chapter 28

Adela

I was never one to drink really, just touch a few sips here and there and that was it.
But today was an exception.

I had gotten home after going to my the pregnancy test and pills he had asked me to get him. I was so anxious to see the out come of the damn pregnancy test....it came out positive.
I was excited to the see the happiness on that was meant to be on his face when I finally told him it came out positive.....

"Oh my gosh. We are having a baby!"
He sputtered back washing the water he had drank into the glass. "Sorry?"
My smile disappeared.
"I'm pregnant. The test came out positive. " I said smiling at the end.

He slowly set the glass on the table looking emotionless and sneered at me. "Why the hell did you miss those fucking pills!" I had expected him to be unhappy but for him to lash out like that was....let just say I was surprised.

"I thought you'd be happy. " he glared at me standing up. "Do I look happy Adel ?"
I blinked. "Do I? Do you see happiness in my eyes?"
I looked at the test in my hand. "Answer me when am talking to you. Do I look happy?"
"No. " he looked conflicted.
He brushed past me abruptly shutting the door behind him.

Truth me told I have always resented motherhood.
I was scared that after that, my husband would look elsewhere because I wouldn't be beautiful enough for him.
I had met Miguel Angel at a candy shop during my trip to my mother's ranch in Haven's Worth. He was so handsome, kind to the workers at the sweet shop that, and the fact he was also Mexican.

First guy I ever felt comfortable with.
We hanged out and we grew fond of each other...or rather I thought we did till he just vanished without a good bye.
I should have taken the hint that he didn't care for me as much as I cared for him.
Don't get me wrong He is the best husband to have. Sure he have our down days but what couple doesn't?
Maybe we could talk about it, they ought to be a solution.

Boy did I realized there was no solution because Miguel Angel was cheating on me. He was seeing another woman!
I through the class cup away and watched as it shattered against the wall.

I crept down stairs to see him staring at his phone. "Why isn't she picking?"
A she ?
"Damn it. If I get hold on her I'll spank her till she can't fucking walk. " he muttered to him self.
Before I could hide he turned around. "I am going out."

"I wanted to make us something for lunch. " his eyes hardened. "You should rest. I'll be back before you know it. " he grabbed his jacket and was out the door.

He said he wasn't going to be long. That meant that I shouldn't be here drink this bottle of wine by myself!
We should have had lunch and dinner together.
I glanced at the clock as I took another swing from the bottle.
6:27 P.m.
I relaxed my arm on the dining table before bringing the bottle back to my lips.
I wonder what he was doing right now....
Was he fucking his mistress while I was here worrying like a fool? What kind of sick joke was love playing at my own expense?

I glanced at the clock again. Half past 6. It was almost 7 and he still wasn't home yet.
I brought the bottle to my lips sadly it was empty. "Fucking shit!" I cussed then giggled, alcohol finally kicking in.

As I stood up to take another bottle, I saw Miguel Angel freezing in his steps.
"Speak of the devil. "

So this is also a short chapter but hey am trying.

Don't hate me but you probably won't like what you'll see in the next chapter but hey what's a book without a little suspense.

Love ya'll

#Chelsea