Part 12: Sophie's butt almost freezes

Sophie wrapped her cloak around her. She had been sitting in the same spot for an hour, and it was cold. The Black Swan had gotten some information, saying the Neverseen would be here. So here Sophie was, freezing, with way too much time alone to think. She felt bad not telling Keefe that Lady Gisela was his mom, but she knew how bad he had felt before, so this was a chance for him to be happier. Tam, however, had not agreed. When Sophie left the Healing Center, he had intercepted her in the hallway.

"Why did you do that?" he scowled.

Sophie tugged at her eyelashes. "I thought that he would be happier if he didn't know about Lady Gisela," she admitted.

"That's not your decision," Tam said. "It's his parents and his life. You can't hide it from him. I know I would be furious if I lost my memory, and someone made me believe my parents had done nothing wrong. If someone didn't tell me how they had treated Linh."

Sophie sighed. "But...I want him to be happy."

"He is going to find out sooner or later, and then not only will his mom be evil, but someone he trusts will have lied to him," Tam said and walked away. Sophie had stayed in the hallway a long time after that, wondering if Tam was right. She thought what she had done was right. After all, if Keefe got his memory back, he would know, and if he found out somehow, she was sure he would understand.

Now she wasn't so sure. Keefe would be mad if when he found out. What if Keefe would hate her because of this? She shook her head. Sophie needed to stop overthinking.  Looking over, she could see Biana crouched behind a boulder a little ways from her. Reaching out with her mind, she sent a message to her.

"I'm bored. Are the Neverseen coming soon?" Sophie asked.

"I don't know. Maybe the Black Swan was wrong? They have messed up before."

A lot, Sophie secretly thought.

"I hope that we can leave soon. My butt is frozen." Biana joked. Sophie laughed. She and Biana were taking guesses as to what the Great Gulon Incident was when the Neverseen appeared. They held an unconscious figure. Biana turned invisible and crept toward them. Sophie prepared her inflicting. The Nverseen looked around. They were talking to each other, but Sophie couldn't hear what they were saying. Suddenly one of them looked right at the boulder she was hiding behind. They dropped the unconscious figure and leaped away.