Chapter Seven

It's been 10 minutes since my outburst and no one has said anything. It has been almost 12 hours that we've been in here and I want out. Even though I just met these guys, I don't want to see that leprechon face again.

"Holly, are you working with your dad?" Niall asked meekly.

"I would never work with my dad even if my life depended on it. Isn't it obvious? My dad wants to kill me. I supposedly made his life a living hell, even though he's the one who made mine a living hell!" I yelled in his face and it felt good to yell. Actually it felt good to tell someone about what happened. I just need real friends to be there for me.

"Why is everything crashing down right here?" Liam questioned while looking up at the ceiling. I understood what he was talking about. This was just a rough patch, we can make it through.

"Guys, I'm sorry for entering this contest thing. I never would have imagined anything like this and it hasn't even started yet." I laughed a little bit. "Once we get out of here I'll let them bring someone else to be a part of this 'cos to be honest, I don't think I can win anyway."

Niall's P.O.V.

She doesn't think she can win? She could beat all those contestants with ease. She doesn't want to do it anymore because I accused her of doing something she obviously wouldn't. Maybe we could convince her to stay. I hope we can. I don't want her to leave. She did something that even Lou couldn't do. She made Liam smile even though we all know he is very sad. And Liam isnt one for faking smiles.

"Why would you think that you couldn't win?" no answer. "You have an amazing voice and I'm pretty sure you could beat all of them." her angry composure lightened and she looked into my eyes with a look of sadness.

"I'm pretty sure you're just saying that.” she trailed off. "I'm not good at anything and although I'd like to take your compliment..." she trailed off once again. What was going through her mind? Who or what gave her this sudden sadness and vulnerability?

"Why can't you?" Liam asked. This surprised me because he said it with such a caring voice. Even though just moments ago he said he'd never talk to her again.

Holly looked over at Liam and was about to say something but the elevator jerked and her head slammed against the wall. Everyone else hit the wall to but not with such impact. I made sure everyone was okay but when I saw holly she looked lifeless.

"Holly?" I scurried over to her and set her head in my lap. A tear escaped her eye and I quickly wiped it away. Soon enough everyone was around us and all I could do is lightly rub circles on her cheek.

They say you never know what you have until it’s gone. I now understand. Although she's not dead, I feel as though I lost her through my stupidity. I wonder if I'll ever receive forgiveness. I really did hurt her. I brought back memories that she probably just wanted to go away.

Although I didn't say much that would hurt a normal person, holly is different. I've only known her for a short period of time and I feel as though she has made an impact on my life. Something that I've never felt or seen before. She lit up the moods of all of us when she was joking about the "middle aged fans," the way she got so excited with her plan to get into this hotel. She's just so different than other people but she doesn't even see it