Ch 4

NICK POV:

It is now math class and I’m sitting by Ryland and we are just talking. I can feel someone staring at me, I turn around, and it’s Tony. Why has he been looking at me so much recently? I don’t get it. He used to be constantly bullying me. As soon as I looked at him he looked away. I saw his face turn a little red and then he went back to talking with his friends. Huh… so weird.

“What’s up buddy?” Ryland said, interrupting my thoughts. Ryland is kind of like  Anthony, he’s only friends with Tony and them because of sports. I consider him my best friend but Avani and I are much closer. 

“Oh not much. It’s just that Tony keeps looking at me weird.” I said in a confused tone. Ryand glared at him and then looked back at me.

“Well, do you want me to talk to him?  Do you want me to tell him that it makes you uncomfortable?” He asked sincerely.

“Nah, that’s okay. Thanks though Ry.” I replied. He just smiled at me. All of a sudden, his expression changed to a frown and his eyes turned a little cold. And then I felt a hard flick to my temple. I turned to be faced with Tony. I turned away, rolled my eyes, and just looked the other way, slightly pissed off. 

“Hey Ryland, what’re-” He was cut off by the bell that starts the class. The teacher asked him to sit down or else he would be tardy. He groaned and went to sit back down. 

After class everyone left, I told Tony earlier that I’d wait for him by my locker. I wonder what is taking him so long because I have been standing here forever. Almost everyone is gone…

TONY POV:

I wait for the hallways to be almost dead silent before I go to Nick. I was talking to Jaden and Josh in the meantime. 

“Alright see ya later buddy!” Jaden said, finally leaving with Josh. I see Nick leaning on his locker on his phone. I sneak up behind him and…

“BOO!!” I scream, shaking him a little.

“Tony, what the hell!?” Nick said slightly annoyed. “Where were you anyway?”

“Sorry, Jaden and Josh wouldn’t leave.” I replied.

“Why didn’t you just tell them you had to go?” Nick said… he seemed a little mad.

“I didn’t want to be rude… anyway let’s go!!” I said hearing him groan slightly.

NICK POV:

I was following him to his car… and wow… it was an Audi r8. That’s like my dream car… how’d he afford it?  I don’t remember his family being super rich. I was in shock staring at it when Tony interrupted my thoughts…

“You like??” He said.

“Oh my gosh, yes of course!! I’ve always wanted a car like this!!”  I replied excitedly, then piped down realizing I was showing a lot of emotion.

“Well maybe I’ll let you drive her some time.” he replied smiling.

“It’s a her, huh?” I laughed at him. 

“Hey!! No judging, maybe you don’t deserve to drive her.” he pouted.

“Ok, well what’s her name then… ?” I replied trying not to laugh.

“Rachel…” he replied. I took a minute to respond. Tony and I used to watch friends together all the time as kids. He loved Rachel.

“I know you’re making fun of me meanie!” he said in an innocent voice, frowning. That was kind of cute...