Chapter 12

Phoenix's POV

What Niall said afterward, I didn't know. I didn't stay to listen, and I didn't care because I was pretty sure Niall was lying to me. Why, I asked myself. Why did I even bother at love? It always fell through and I always ended up hurt.

I ran from the beach. The sand was hard to get a grip on, but somehow I ran. I looked behind for a second. Big mistake, I cursed, running faster than I thought I could. If I made myself listen, I would've been able to hear him panting to keep up. He was practically on me.

When I reached solid ground, I took off like a shot. I ran through the back door, slamming it shut behind me, through the kitchen, up the stairs, and finally into Harry's room. I didn't stop in his room, though. I frantically looked for a good hiding spot, ruling out the bathroom and the closet straight away. In a panic because I knew Niall could find me at any minute, I dropped to my stomach and slid under the bed. That was safe.

I heard the door open after a few minutes, and I immediately tensed up and froze, holding my breath. I really hoped it wasn't Niall. After a few minutes, the mystery person left. I waited a few more minutes, just to make sure no one else was going to come in. Right as I was about to move, someone jumped on the bed. I almost gasped, but kept my mouth shut. Crap, I thought, waiting in tense silence.

"Welp, I'm looking for this friend of mine, and she's got this thing in her head about me. Not sure what it is, but now I can't find her," I heard an Irish accent say. Crud, it was Niall and it sounded like he was making a Twitter video about me. Dang it, Niall.

"I like her a bit, and I wish I could help her, but she doesn't want to be around me. If you guys could help me, that would be great," he finished, then stopped. I checked to see if my volume was off, which it was. There had been silence for a few minutes, but I knew Niall hadn't left yet. There was a depression in the bed, which told me he was still sitting there. I heard the door open again, and Niall's butt depression hadn't left. Crap. Someone was going to catch me.

"Niall, what're doing in my room?" Harry's telltale deep voice asked. Without saying a word, he got up and left.

"That silly lad. I swear he lovesick for Phoenix," I heard him mutter as he got into the shower. I waited until the water came on, then I shimmied out from underneath the bed, opened the door slowly, and bolted into my room, which was just across the hall. I grabbed my guitar and hid in my closet. It was perhaps the largest closet in the house, because it had a little room off the closet. I kept my guitar and keyboard in there so I could practice without being interrupted.

****

Author's Note

PHOENIALL DRAMA!!!! This chapter is short, but I will give you guys a double update because this chappie was a shorter one. I will tell you guys that I have some exciting plans for future chapters, including something happy, something surprising/emotional, and something upsetting. Stay tuned!

Read, Vote, Comment, Share with all your friends!

Love you Hopefuls!

Lizzy-Luci :)