Chapter 14

Harry's POV

"Phoenix, I miss you," I texted. Soon, I got a video chat request, which I accepted.

"Phoenix!" I exclaimed.

"Hi, Harry," she said.

"Where are you? We haven't seen you in a while," I said as I tried to figure out where she was.

She ignored my question, but only said, "I'll be home soon," and hung up.

I wondered what she meant by that.

****

1 Week Later

Phoenix's POV

I was finally ready. Today was the day I decided that I would present myself to the lads, more specifically Niall. When he had said all those times before that he loved me, I couldn't take it. Yes, I had always loved the lad, but I'd already been hurt, and I was too afraid.

****

Zayn's POV

I was spiking my hair, as usual, when I heard the waves really prominently from my open window, along with some soft acoustic. I walked over to my window, which was over my desk and calendar. Looking out, I saw a lone figure sitting on a rock. She wore a pretty floral dress, and her hair was long, flowing, and curly. She was really beautiful. Along with her beauty, soft acoustic guitar music followed her wherever she went. Who she was, I had no idea.

I heard a knock on my door, which startled me a little. Opening the door, I saw Niall wearing some super nice chinos and a plain tank. I took one look at him and dragged him to his room.

"You need a nicer shirt," I said as I remembered what today was. The other lads and I had kept it a secret from Niall. I pulled a navy polo and then rejected it, choosing a white polo instead. That would go nicely with the navy dress with green and pink flowers. His hair was a different matter. It was a little too long, but there wasn't time to change that. I found his special tour gel and spiked up his hair. I remembered when we had met for a meeting, we had purposely left Niall out of it.

Flashback

"We've got to get Niall and Phoenix back together," Liam said.

"But how? She hates him," Harry said. We sat and thought about it for a couple minutes.

"I know! Phoenix's always wearing something pretty enough to be photographed in. What if we dressed Niall up a little and presented him to her? He would just need the right outfit," Louis said, thinking hard.

"I'll pick out his outfit and do his hair," I said. It was just up my alley, and I happened to know that Phoenix liked Niall's hair spiked.

"I'll make sure the house looks nice and that everything's clean," Liam said.

"I'll take Phoenix shopping and keep her distracted," Harry said.

"I'll help Liam. Most of the messes are mine, and it's a big flat, so that will take two of us," Louis said.

"Great! Operation Phoeniall begins now! Don't tell them. Dismissed," Liam said.

End Flashback

****

Niall's POV

Today's been really miserable. For starters, Zayn made me wear my nice chinos; then he pulled a white polo from my closet; then, if things couldn't get any worse, he made me sit still while he gelled my hair. In my opinion, gel is only good for sticking stuff. Oh, and another thing, I thought I was hearing acoustic guitar music. It drove me crazy because it reminded me of Phoenix. She'd only had brief contact with Harry, even briefer contact with the other lads, and no contact with me. I asked about her everyday at least once, but the only answer I got was that she was fine. I wanted to know more, but that was all they'd tell me. Zayn finally let me go, saying I wasn't to touch my hair. Since I didn't have anything to do, I attempted to write a song for Phoenix.

****

Harry's POV

"Ding ding," I heard my phone ring. Seeing that it was Phoenix, I answered immediately.

"Hey, we're going to have to do something about tonight. My manager booked me to open for someone," she said, sounding in a panic.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Where's the concert?" I soothed.

"Wembley Stadium. I go on at 5," she hiccuped.

"Where are you?" I asked. I could tell that we needed to talk it out.

"At that Starbucks where you and Dani had that date," she replied with another hiccup.

"I'll be there in three," I said, throwing on my beanie and jacket, then hung up.

"Buzz buzz," went my phone.

"You coming?" the text from Dani read.

"How do you know where I'm going?" I sent back to her.

"How do I also know that my best friend is crying?" she replied back.

I walked out the door and began running. The Starbucks was maybe half a mile, and I could easily make it in three minutes. When I ran in, I immediately spotted Dani and Phoenix huddled in one of the booths in the back.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. It'll be okay," I soothed, holding Phoenix in my arms and rocking her back and forth.

"The concert's in two hours. My manager will kill me," she whimpered.

"Who's her manager," I mouthed to Dani, who only smirked, so I let the matter slide.

"Well, this calls for a change of plans, so I'll smuggle you into your room. Wait. Scratch that. You can't wear that dress. Dani and I'll take you shopping. How's that sound?" I suggested.

"Ok, I'll do my makeup before the mike check," she sniffled.

"Zayn's better cut out for this," I mentioned.

"It doesn't matter. I just want you," she said, clinging to my arm.

I took her and Dani to the mall, and we went to all the places that they shoppped. Dani and I showed her many dresses, none of which she really wanted to try on, but we made her try on every single dress until we finally found something at the fourth store, which was good, because I had a concert that evening. I had told Liam earlier that he and the lads could go without me and that I would meet them at the arena.

After our little trip, we raced to Dani's flat to Phoenix's hair and makeup, which took no time at all. Finally, Phoenix looked stunning. I hoped Niall was ready for this. We each took separate cars, with Dani taking Phoenix so we'd see each other soon.

****

Phoenix's POV

I guess I really did look beautiful. I hoped that Niall would never guess that I was opening their concert tonight.

When I climbed into Dani's car, I looked in the passenger visor mirror. My makeup was so delicate and so natural, I'd almost I was wearing any.

****

Author's Note

Happy things in store for Niall and Phoenix!!!! Thanks for trooping on through my evilness toward the characters and for all the feels and agony and heartache I've put you through. I do go easy on you for the next chapter or two! No more Phoeniall heartache!

Read, Vote, Comment, Share!

Love you Hopefuls!

Lizzy-Luci :)