New classes

I've been in this hospital for about a week. Tomorrow is my first day of classes. Of course I'm happy because class starts at 1130, so I have time to actually sleep. I was just a tad bit scared because my first surgery will be on Saturday. Class ends at 130 so I'm okay with school. I decided I'm going to tell a couple more of friends where I'm at. I mean it can't hurt. It was around 1030 at night and no one was here. I played some music and started to unpack for real. I put my clothes away. I texted Shawn asking if he was awake.
He said yes and I walked out the door. I knocked on shawns door and there comes James.
"Forgot you two share a room" I roll my eyes and walk in. I sit on shawns bed.
"Hello Brooke" he says waving at me.
"Hello Shawn I'm bored, invite Emma in here and lia" I say looking down at my phone.
"Em is asleep, she's got her parents coming down from Nevada tomorrow" Shawn smiles. "Lia has a rule that she doesn't come out after 8" I nod. I then get up.
"Hey where are you going?" Shawn asks.
"Bed probably I left my door and radio on" I walk out the door and I see Jen.
"Hey Brooke! are you excited for your first day of classes?" I shake my head.
"No!" I look down.
"Why?"
"Too scared" I walk off and go to my room. I lay my head down on my pillow and turn my radio down a tiny bit.
I fall asleep and next thing I know it's the next morning. I wake up and get ready. I put on black high waisted shorts a red flannel and a black crop top with my white vans. I straighten my hair and walk out. I bring my bag with me and then walk to the 7th floor. On the way I see Shawn.
"Hey! Where you going?"
"Mrs.Breeden for math and English" Shawn smiles and then gives me a high five.
"Same!" I smile. We walk in and I have no clue where to sit because Shawn sits next to James and Emma isn't here. I sit alone. I see Lia walk in and she smiles then sits next to me.
"Hi!" She puts her books on the table. I check my phone before class starts and see that andy texted me.
Me: hey andy I'm in the class right now, can you come in 2 hours to the hospital????
I put my phone down and then class begins.
"Hello! We have a new student here! Brooke! Stand up!" I stand up and then sit down. We begin to talk about a future project coming up for English. Lia immediately turns to James so I don't know who I'm gonna work with. Shawn looks over to me so I take the offer.
"What about Emma?" I ask him politely.
"She doesn't have English this time" I nod and we begin working.
"So maybe we could make a PowerPoint on a book that was made in the 60's?" I've loved the 60's.
"Clothing?" Shawn asks.
"Yeah! We can bring in clothing from the 60's!" We begin planning and then it's time for math. Easy we're learning 5th grade material. Then art. Then chemistry. In chemistry today we did the volcano experiment with baking soda and vinegar. I left and saw andy sitting there.
"Hey andy!" I sit down next to him.
"I've been thinking what could possibly happen if the surgery didn't work" andy said holding my hands
"Nothing really unless they accidentally cut open my lungs then I'd be dead but that won't happen and I don't think it's even possible" I lay down and andy lays his head on my shoulder. I pet his head when Emma comes in.
"Hey Brooke! Hey andy!" She walks in and sits down.
"okay so look at what I made for Shawn for his birthday!" She opened up her Mac and pressed play. After it was done she explained it.
"Okay so basically the song in the background is his favorite song, California dreams. At the end it said go look under your bed and it's a gold box and it had 2 tickets to red hot chili peppers next week, I already talked to the nurses and he's free and so am I, then tonight I'm taking him to his favorite restaurant where I hid all of his presents and his families going to be there, he lives in Texas and they sent him here like a couple of months ago." She squealed then walked out.
"Damn she is probably the best girlfriend ever" I said. Andy looked down.
"Hey don't you remember what you did for my birthday last year? You got your dads truck and laid pillows and blankets and you set it at the beach and then right below it was a picnic and we watched a movie and went star watching not to mention it was my favorite movie! With my favorite food! And you had the pillows and blankets as my favorite colors! Even though we were basically siblings it was the most romantic thing ever" I do remember that. I texted andy 3 days before telling him to not make any plans and I told his mom and she took him out the night before I got my dads truck and I had him drive it as close as he could to the water. I then walked over his favorite colors of blankets and pillows, dark blue and light blue. I hung lights around the truck and below the truck I had his favorite drink, sparkling apple cider, and his favorite food, pepperoni pizza, we went onto the truck with the 2 large pies and we laid down. I turned on the movie and we ate the pizza. We ended up falling asleep there until my dad came. It was great.
"Well you're gonna have a great birthday this year!" His birthday is in 1 month, may 11th. Obviously I can't make it as great as last year because I won't be able to stay out. I'm supposed to be in here till at least October.
"So andy, I was thinking about telling lex, Ricky, Anna, and Ethan about where I am... Would that be a good idea?" I criss cross apple sauced my legs.
"Yeah I mean we're all one group of trustworthy people" I nodded. I went on my phone and called lex first.
"Hey Lex..." I said hesitinantly.
"Hey Brooke! Where have you been?" Lex Said.
"Well... I'm in the hospital... I have basically lung failure if you can say that, my lungs are not working properly... I have trouble exhaling and inhaling. I wanted to let our group know so I can see you guys, if you want to visit and all"
"Of course I want to visit you! Text me the details for your room and which hospital! How long will you be in there for?"
"At least October"
"Even for your birthday?"
"Yep"
"Aw brookie!"
I hang up then call Ricky next. Ricky said he would come today and then I call Anna, then I call Ethan. They all want to visit me today. I tell them the details and they are one their way. I didn't mean for them to come now.
"Well they're coming now" I laugh.
"Oh wow how fun!" Andy says sarcastically.
"We can probably hang on the roof" I go into my little closet thing and grab out a pair of maroon high waisted shorts and a loose black tank crop top. I put beach waves in my hair and my make up and then I put on my black vans.
"Do they know we're dating?" I sit on andys lap.
"No I don't think so, today will be a surprise!" Andy smiles then kisses me just as Ethan walks in.
"Am I supposed to know something?" He laughs.
"Uh yeah. We're dating" Andy smirks.
"Yo man! Congrats!" Ethan gives andy a high five. Then he gives me a hug.
"How are you?"
"I'm good my chest hurts like a lot now but I have my first surgery this Saturday"
"Aw I like what you've done with your room, is this just like a patient room or a temporary room?"
"Patient" then I see Anna and lex walk in.
"Brookie!" They all run and hug me. Then lastly Ricky walks in.
"Hey Brooke" I hug him then we walk out of the room. Me and andy hold hands and I immediately hear gaps from the girls and Ricky.
"Uhm why are you two holding hands?" Anna asks kinda upset.
"We're dating" Andy kisses me and Anna's face turns red.
"Uhm.." Anna says quietly.
"What?" I asked raising one eyebrow.
"I-I didn't think you two would ever date and all..." Anna walks away. I shrug.
"What the hell?" Andy continues walking and holds my hand and we walk onto the roof.
"Wow this is nice" it's covered a tiny bit and there's a couch and chairs.
"Yeah this is where patients go to get away from all the hospital drama" I say looking down.
"Oh"