Chapter 7 Bucks pov

As Buck woke up, he looked around the room, the thoughts of last night hit him straight away. Seeing Eddie all happy with Ana, having to let his date down and then the biggest thought was the fact he was on a 24-hour shift and Eddie was not going be there. It was going be a long day, he lets out a sigh then wipes the sleep from his eyes as he sits up. Once again, he is up before his alarm. He looks over to the bedside table and saw both phones sat there neither were on charge.

'Great all I need!' he sarcastically thinks to himself.

He leans over and puts them on charge, then he looks at his clock and its 8:17am. He quickly turns the alarm off and drags himself out of the bed then he heads down the stairs and makes a coffee. He looks in the fridge to see what he has for breakfast and discovers that he does not have much in there. He closes the fridge and drinks his coffee as he walks up the stairs, he rummages through the drawers picking some clothes out and heads for a quick shower, as the water rushes down him he starts to feel the panic set in about water and jumps out the shower.

'Why does this keep happening?' he asks to himself as he shakes his head trying to clear the panic from his head.

But he can still feel the panic rising still, he looks at his clock it is eight-thirty-five am, he grabs his phone and calls the only person who can ease his panic. He hits dial on the number that is 2nd most used.

"Morning, I didn't expect you to be up just yet." Eddie says and Buck already feels the panic subsiding.

"Just wanted check in on my main man, to make sure he is all set for his trip." Buck says trying to keep calm.

"Thank you, it's nice of you to check in on me." Eddie starts saying teasingly "It's not you, dad it's me he's on about" He could hear Christopher shout in the background.

"Yeah, Eddie please stop trying steal me from Christopher." Buck starts to laugh down the phone in a joking tone.

"I'm already Bucky, Dad's been grumpy this morning. His date didn't go to plan, I heard him telling Hen when he picked me up from the sleepover." Chris says and Buck starts to laugh.

"Christopher, what have I told you about listening in and telling people?" Eddie reminded him.

"Sorry Dad, but Buck should know, he's your best friend." Chris says, Buck hears the words best friend go round his head.

"Yeah Eddie, you should tell me." Buck chuckles.

"Oh, should I? like you should tell me what was bothering you the other day when we came up and you were looking out over the balcony and you fobbed us off." Eddie shot back.

"I told you I was ok, but if you're going be like that I'll leave you to drive." Buck snaps.

"Please don't fight." Christopher says.

"It's okay, buddy, we will speak to Buck later when he's less angry." Eddie can be heard saying.

"Buck, it's now obvious something is up. I'll talk to you later, see ya." Eddie says. 

Before Buck can say anything, the sound of a dial tone is heard. Sighing to himself, all Buck wanted to do was to say sorry. He knew he should talk to Eddie and explain about the panic attack. All he wanted was to hear Eddie's calming voice and he messed it up.

'Oh great, now he is in a mood with me. Can this day get any worse?' he sourly thinks to himself as he puts his phone down while he gets dressed.

As he finishes getting dressed he grabs his phone and has a quick look at his hook up phone still no reply, but he is not surprised he messed that one up too. He leaves it on charge and heads down the stairs and heads to work. As he arrives at work its nine-fifteen am, he slowly leaves his jeep and heads to the locker room. Once he was changed and ready he headed upstairs to where Bobby was stood, and he did not look too impressed with Buck.