Part 15

Colby's POV:

I leave the bathroom and lean against the door. I slide down in and put my head in my hands. I know I said I'd leave her alone but I don't want her to be without me right now. When Bryce leaves I need to be here for her. He is gonna get an apartment with Hannah because they are taking their relationship to the next level. I really like this girl...I care about her so much more than I thought I would. But then again I am protective over Katrina like she is my sister. I snap out of my thoughts after a few minutes and hear her cry again. I open the door slowly and walk in. I try to listen a little harder but I just about hear her crying. I slowly look at the shower and through the shower glass door...I see her crying into her arms and knees on the floor of the shower while water hits her whole body. I open the door as I grab my big towel from the towel hook and shut the water off. I help her stand up and I wrap the towel around her. I pick her up bridal style and carry her to my couch. I grab her clothes and a hair brush. I help her get dressed and then I tell her to sit in front of me. I brush her hair for her and run her after shower product through it with my fingers. I continue to run my fingers through her hair until she leans back and lays in between my legs and her head on my chest. I continue to play with her hair until I feel her hand drop of slightly on my leg. I move her head a bit to see her asleep. I'm glad that I could get her to relax. I'm glad I didn't have to bother Bryce. I want her to be mine but it will take a while to gain her trust because she is so heart broken. I need to pick up the pieces. I need to help her to heal. I'm not hear to break her like every other guy in her life. If I ever see her father again so help me god. I snap out of my thoughts hearing a light knock at the door. "Come in." I whisper. "Hey it's just me." Bryce says quietly. "Why is my sister laying on you?" He asks protectively. "She just needed someone with her for comfort ya know." I reply. "Oh okay...well...we have to go back to Rhode Island there is shit going down between my parents. I don't want my mom to be alone with my father so we have to go back home for a few weeks." "I'll come." I say back quickly. "Bro are u sure?" He asks. "Yes absolutely positive." "Okay well, I'm gonna go back to my place with Hannah. We leave tomorrow night for RI so make sure you are packed...and thank you for being here for her when I can't be Colby it means a lot." "Of course man I'm not just doing it for you ya know. I care a lot about Ali." "Oh do you now?" He asks in a joking tone. "Fuck you" I say back laughing. "Alright man goodnight, see you tomorrow." I nod and he walks out of the room. I shift a little bit and she turns over and lays on my chest. She is still in between my legs but now one leg is wrapped around my leg and her head and arm are on my chest right under my chin. I kiss her forehead and shut off the led lights and close my eyes and instantly drift off to sleep to the sound of Ali's breathing.