Part 19

Tears started to fill Colby's eyes and he looked over at Sam. Sam stood up and gave Colby a hug. "It's gonna be okay...I won't leave your side until we can walk out of here together." "Thanks brother." Colby replies. We sat for a while and the other roommates arrived. I sat in silence not even looking at Colby. After I saw the look on Bryce's face I lost it. I started to cry. "Guys do you mind giving Ali and I the room for a second." Everyone nods and leaves. "Hey...what's wrong baby girl...talk to me." "I- I thought you were dead, I held your limp body in my arms before the paramedics came. I thought you were gone..." I say choking on my words. "hey...Hey...Ali I'm right here." He says putting his hand on my face. "come here." He says moving his upper body slightly. "I don't want to hurt you." "You won't Allison...come on." He says sternly. I nod and lay beside him and put my head on his chest as he tickles my neck softly. "I'm really sorry Colby..." "Hey don't be sorry...you just wanted to know about C its okay." "I love you Colby..." Obviously not like that guys don't get ahead of yourselves. "I love you too." He says rubbing my back. He waves his arm signaling for everyone to come back in the room. They all come back in and we sit and talk for a while until I doze off on his chest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(9 Month Skip)
Colby and I are still not together. I'm still not ready...I know...you guys are probably gonna say just suck it up and have sex with the guy but he hasn't been pushing it either. It's been about 9 months since Colby started physical therapy. Over this he has had many doubts on whether he will be able to walk out of here. Today however was the day that Colby was going to try and finally walk. All of us are in the hospital room. "You got this Colby." I whisper as I hold onto his arm while Sam holds the other. "Come on Colby...I know you can do this...it's one step closer to walking out of here together." "Alright Cole you ready to walk?" Dr Mack asks. "Hell yeah." Colby says. "I'm gonna put this walker in front of you but you guys still hold onto him just in case." Sam and I nod. Colby grabbed the walker and will all of his strength he stepped forward. I could tell my the tensing of his muscles that his heart was pounding. He was about halfway through the second step when he fell into our arms. "Fuck!" Colby says hitting the walker." "Hey. It's alright." I say rubbing his cheek as he looks at me. "Yeah just take a deep breathe and try again." Sam says. Colby looked up at everyone and nodded and stood back up. "You know how weird it is to be taller than you again" "You are doing great Cole. Now I want you to try and walk with only Ali holding on to you, but if you don't feel ready yet we can always wait till tomorrow to try again." "No...I'm trying again." He started to walk and perfectly made it to the other side of the room and back. "See...didn't I tell you that we were all going to walk out of here together." "He is right Cole...you can leave tomorrow...you're X-ray's came back with flying colors you are good to go. Colby looks at me and I see a twinkle in his eyes. He looks so happy...there he his...My Colby is back.